The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 05:07 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: Frying Pan 1-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergetter View Post
Thanks both of you for the info.

I am heading to San Juan the 19th and 20th. I will keep this in my hip pocket for early spring late fall fishing. My wife might enjoy as well.

As far as bunch of people if you ever want to enjoy the "Tailgate" part called opening day.. Make your way to Missouri's March 1 opener in our Trout Parks..

I can not tell you where on earth you can get fishermen drinking till 4:00 am standing in water till 6:00 am and casting together in one split second except in Missouri.

Record year was about 6000 tags sold for 1 day and the steam is only 3 miles.

Needless to say this isn't about fishing it is about the Jack and Jim bottles shared around the 55 Gallon drum with logs burning to warm you up.
LOL I grew up in MO and had the fun ONE TIME of being out on opening morning NEVER again.The funny thing is I seen guys holler at each other for getting tangled from an off cast or a fish running to the side,
What the hell do they think is gonna happen when every on is literly 5 inches from each other
Bear
Old 01-18-2009, 09:51 AM

montanagal is on a distinguished road

I love the pan! Great pics and beautiful fish.

Thanks for sharing - brings back some great memories of a week long fishing adventure there a few years ago. Now you have got me itching to go back...

Montanagal
Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 AM

Coloradokid is on a distinguished road

Thanks Gal, let me know if you make it over here.

Tight Lines!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:01 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

I was out to the Pan a few years ago & had a pretty good day. I was down by the bridge & a guy & a teenager came upstream & I let them fish thru. The old man was a local & we got to talking & he gave me a handful of flies & was a real gentleman. Up until that time fishing was not great but with the right fly fished in the film it got pretty consistent.
I was out there with my son & daughter (22yrs-21 yrs) & they didn't want to fish that day so they dropped me off & went to Glenwood Springs & took the hike up to Wild Bill's Grave,. What was supposed to be a 3-4 hour fishing morning ended up to be till dusk. I was getting a little worried but What the heck I was catching fish. We stayed over in Red Cliffs on The Crystal River but The water there was real low, While out there we also fished the Roaring Fork & picked up a few fish. We went down to the Gunneson & from there to the San Juan. That was one heck of a trip. That is beautiful country out there & I can't wait to go out there again.
We're thinking about repeating the trip this year if I can get the time off. 12 days were just not enough time so the next time is going to be at least 3 weeks if we travel from river to river so we can enjoy the sights better.