The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 11:22 AM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: South Platte at Deckers report

Nice fish. Looks like you did better than ok. Were you sight fishing primarily or just searching around the fishy looking spots?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:27 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcordray View Post
Nice fish. Looks like you did better than ok. Were you sight fishing primarily or just searching around the fishy looking spots?
Site fishing for the most part. The river was really low at 50cfs so I had to be super sneaky. They were spooked real easy.
I'm hoping to hit the DS today if the wind doesn't get to strong. Otherwise it'll be 11 mile, even though I hate having to pay to get in there.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:42 AM

Coloradokid is on a distinguished road

Beauty pics man, looks like a good fix for the jones'n. Good work, i need to get out now.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:58 PM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough

Would love to hear a report no matter which one you go to. Looks like the hills got some snow last night. Hope the temps are good for you.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Yatahey: Congrats on the fish and nice photos. Thanks for sharing!

Larry
Old 02-27-2009, 08:50 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcordray View Post
Would love to hear a report no matter which one you go to. Looks like the hills got some snow last night. Hope the temps are good for you.
Well, I went up to the DS yesterday. The wind was blowing about 40 mph, so, I left.
In my haste to get out I forgot my check book so I couldn't pay to get into 11 Mile. Duh.
So nothing to report. Sorry.
I think I'm gonna spring for an annual pass this year and go against my "don't pay to fish" policy.
There will be more fishing in the near future.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:55 AM

Sorry you didn't get to wet a line. I know how you feel about the pay to fish thing. It's not that I can't afford a five spot here and there, I just don't always know what the money goes toward. Up at Deckers, I rarely pay to park, but you always have the option to find a pull off and walk a little farther to a good stretch. I love elevenmile canyon though and will pay a few times a year to fish it.