The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 11:15 AM

the_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 11 Mile Canyon Slam

wow!!! im curious about that koke. could it have been a brookie? reason i ask is, where would it have come from? cheeseman? then would have jumped the diversion dam? either way way to make a grunt home sick while hes in the middle east!!! well done sir an out standing day!!!

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

actually looking at it again it looks like a freak mongaloid cutthroat, but what do i know
Old 12-14-2010, 12:06 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Hope you're keeping your head down over there Infidel and thanks for your service. The Kokes get washed over the spillway of 11 Mile Res. Get home safe and soon.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:12 PM

the_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
Hope you're keeping your head down over there Infidel and thanks for your service. The Kokes get washed over the spillway of 11 Mile Res. Get home safe and soon.

i never even thought of them coming over the spill way, that was my derrr moment of the day
Old 12-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Nice looking koke! How big is that fish, it looks like it might be bigger than the ones I use catch when trolling with my dad.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:35 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

I didn't measure her but as much as she filled a major portion of my net I'd say about 22"
Old 12-14-2010, 05:28 PM

dang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nice

Nice buddy sorry I missed it!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Wow, so they morph and spawn, but its all for naught because they're actually sterile? Sucks for them.

I'm sure they've set things up that way so they don't take over though. (but I bet the trout in the rivers would have a feast on the fry)

Thanks for the info y'all!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:58 AM

dang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
Wow, so they morph and spawn, but its all for naught because they're actually sterile? Sucks for them.

I'm sure they've set things up that way so they don't take over though. (but I bet the trout in the rivers would have a feast on the fry)

Thanks for the info y'all!
What? Not a hybrid.. An actual strain,They actually reproduce. The DOW milks and eggs them too replenish rivers with falling numbers of Koke and for trade fodder with other states..Colorado traded Koke eggs and other sundry’s to get it's
1st 11 Moose... some 20 years ago..what is in 11 mile canyon is spillage from the reservoir or runners from Cheesman reservoir(more likely).If they(DOW) feel a rivers population has depleted to a point, they do not harvest eggs from that river that year and they let nature take it's course. At any rate they do reproduce.FYI

Remember to put your toys away when your done playing with them.
Steve
Old 12-15-2010, 08:30 AM

DOK I told Cliff the male Kokes are sterile. That's what I heard some time ago. Don't know if it's true or not.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:32 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

The kokanee here in Idaho make a spawning run up tributaries of the lake they are found in and naturally reproduce - they are the results of the previous generation each year. Not hybrids and not sterile.

Kelly.