The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 10:02 AM

dang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nice
Default Re: 11 Mile Canyon Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
DOK I told Cliff the male Kokes are sterile. That's what I heard some time ago. Don't know if it's true or not.
It's not true bobby they breed like rabbits..LOL
Old 12-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
I didn't measure her but as much as she filled a major portion of my net I'd say about 22"
Wow! I want to catch a Koke that big, I've never caught or seen one in this area over 14".

When I was a kid my dad and I used to fish for them in Folsom Lake, which is near the famous Folsom Prison from the Johny Cash song and Pardee Res., but I haven't heard of any one catching them in Folsom Lake for a very long time.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:53 PM

vanish will become famous soon enough

We're going to have to meet up so you can show me how to fish that river without being scared off by the people!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:03 PM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough

Nice report. Congrats on the slam. Never caught a salmon in 11 mile. Looks like you got out right before the winter weather hit this week.

Gary
Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
The kokanee here in Idaho make a spawning run up tributaries of the lake they are found in and naturally reproduce - they are the results of the previous generation each year. Not hybrids and not sterile.

Kelly.
That makes sense, the default has to be fertile or they wouldn't exist.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:36 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough

Okay Yat, if the males are sterile, where does the Roaring Judy hatchery get milt to fertilize the eggs?
Old 12-16-2010, 02:44 PM

dang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nicedang old king is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog2421 View Post
Okay Yat, if the males are sterile, where does the Roaring Judy hatchery get milt to fertilize the eggs?
Yo Big Dog I think he said he got a hold of some bad information. No biggie
It's just fishys...
Old 12-16-2010, 04:06 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Why don't people read the whole thread before jumping in with some wise crack anymore. Go lay down in the corner BigDog.

Vanish. The key is get there early on a weekday.
Gary. Yeah that was the idea. It got cold but the promised snow went South. Have you been up to Cheeseman Canyon since the lot closure?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:22 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough

Sorry Yat. Didn't mean any disrespect. It must be the way I say things!
Not a lot of time to sit on the computer and read everything so I guess I just missed something.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:52 PM

Yat Big Dog