The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 11:36 AM

PanFishRFun is on a distinguished road
Default Deckers

Just wondering if anyone has fished Deckers lately?? How are the flows?? Are there any hatches goin on??
Old 03-27-2009, 02:10 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Re: Deckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFishRFun View Post
Just wondering if anyone has fished Deckers lately?? How are the flows?? Are there any hatches goin on??
Pan,
Yup, fished there last weekend. Hatches are small midges in the mornings and a larger midge toward afternoon. Flows are all over the place depending on the whims of the Denver Water Board. It's been as low as 50cfs to as high as 150 cfs the last couple weeks.
Check out Denny's reports. He only updates on Fridays but there is always good info. And stop in and buy some flies when you go.
South Platte Outfitters - Deckers Colorado - fly fishing on the Platte River
Old 03-28-2009, 11:38 AM

PanFishRFun is on a distinguished road

thanks for the info, i think i'm leaning towards fishing spinney tomorrow tho now that its open...maybe next weekend deckers will be the spot
Old 03-28-2009, 11:54 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Be sure to let us know how it goes, and good luck to ya.
Yat
Old 03-30-2009, 11:43 AM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough

Went twice this week - Wednesday and Sunday. Wednesday saw good action on streamers. Caught three in two hours.flows were 130 or so. Water temp was about 45 or so. Awesome time. Sunday we spent 8 windy hours all up and down the river. Threw everything at them but the kitchen sink. Got skunked. Who knows. The snow didn't affect the clarity, but the water temp was down to about 38.Just a few stray midges here and there. Maybe that was the problem.Either that or the crappy fishermen. River looks great, though. Did have one jerk walk right up to within 15 feet of where I was fishing and just start casting.I confronted him, however. Have a feeling I didn't change his attitude though. I get the fact that the river is crowded, but manners still count.