The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 11:41 PM

Ken43 will become famous soon enoughKen43 will become famous soon enough
Default Great fishing in Southern Wyoming

I thought you guys and gals might be interested in great fly fishing in Wyo. just outside of Evanston. A friend of mine owns a cattle ranch and has a 40 acre reservior which has some of the best trout fishing I have ever experienced. He charges a nominal fee of $50.00 per day per person. He has a ranch house on the property that he will let his fisherman stay in. I do believe that is $50.00 per night for the house, which sleeps 4 or 5. I took my grandson there two years ago and he is still talking about it. This next year the fish should average around 6 or 7 lbs. The fishing is float tubing mostly with leach patterns. I will be taking my two grandsons there this next summer. If you are interested you can call 307.789.5051, ask for Gary. Tell him Ken from California sent you. Hope you have as much fun as I did watching my grandson catch the fish of his life.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:27 AM

JBinUTAH will become famous soon enoughJBinUTAH will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Great fishing in Southern Wyoming

Thanks for posting this. I accidently deleted the Email you sent me. I just might have to check this out. Will he allow small aluminum boats?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:23 PM

Ken43 will become famous soon enoughKen43 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Great fishing in Southern Wyoming

You would have to check with Gary. He has his own aluminum boat there, however, due to liability he can't let anyone other than family use it. He uses an electric trolling motor on it. If you brought your own, I don't see how that would be different than your own float tube.