The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 02:05 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light
Default Stonefly pattern/ Wind River

I am moving out to western wyoming to the dubois area this summer. i will be fishing the wind river a lot. I am trying to stock up on some flies before I go. the only thing I have not bought yet are some stonefly patterns. I am looking for nypmhs or dries. I have never fished a stonefly pattern before, so I do not know where to turn. any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stonefly pattern/ Wind River

SdDryFly: I have never fished the Wind River area, but would suggest you contact the fly shop in Pinedale, WY or maybe one of the fly shops in Jackson.

Two Rivers Emporium - Fly Fishing Outfitter, Wyoming

High Country Flies - Yellowstone & Jackson Hole Wyoming Fly Fishing Equipment, Gear, Tackle, Guides & more!

Welcome to Jack Dennis Sports Online!

Jackson Hole Fly Fishing Guides

Larry
Old 04-06-2009, 05:35 AM

flyrayfishing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
SdDryFly: I have never fished the Wind River area, but would suggest you contact the fly shop in Pinedale, WY or maybe one of the fly shops in Jackson.

Two Rivers Emporium - Fly Fishing Outfitter, Wyoming

High Country Flies - Yellowstone & Jackson Hole Wyoming Fly Fishing Equipment, Gear, Tackle, Guides & more!

Welcome to Jack Dennis Sports Online!

Jackson Hole Fly Fishing Guides

Larry

If you get to Pinedal go to the Two Rivers Emporium....Talk to Mike or Tim................Both of them will help you out alot...I bought my Orvis Trout Bum their last year and this year I bought my Orvis T3 The guys their are very helpfull and are just nice guys.
Also let me know because we fish up in that area....I live in Lander WyIam about 1.5 hours away and a freind of mine is a guide and can help you out.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:22 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

There are two fly shops in dubois also that i can get the information from. I actually might be working part time for the tickled trout fly shop in dubois this summer. I am sure i can get plenty of information through the summer, was just hoping to pick up a few more flies before I got there.