The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 10:51 AM

blairsvilleman is on a distinguished road
Default Slough Creek-Silver Tip Ranch

Hey Guys,

I am planning a trip out to MT to fish in the park, would like to hit Slough Creek. The last time I was out there it fished well, I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of the Silver Tip ranch. I am having a hard time finding anything out about it, would really like to stay there if thats possible.

Thanks for any help,

John
Old 04-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slough Creek-Silver Tip Ranch

Hi John,
Welcome to the best forum around.

I just received my weekly newsletter from Blue Ribbon Flies located in West Yellowstone, in it they mention that the road from Madison Junction(1st junction coming in from West Yellowstone) to Norris Junction will be closed for the season starting on August 17th. I don't know if your planning on being there before or after that date, but figured I would throw that out there for you.

If you have any questions about this or fishing in the area, 'BRF' is a fantastic resource for you. Blue Ribbon Flies

Have a great trip.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 04-16-2009, 10:11 PM

Longs for Cutts is on a distinguished road

Silver Tip is a very exclusive property. Some would say "elite" and "secretive." You can't stay there unless you're invited. Then of course you pay through the nose. Unless you know somebody who stays there, I'd say forget it.

August will probably be the top month for the entire Lamar drainage. We actually have even more snow right now than we did on this date last year, though unless we have another week of winter in June like we did last year everything will be fishable a week or ten days earlier.

You should still be able to reserve campsites if you can do that.

The road West-Norris closes August 17. Even before that it is only open 8AM-10PM, making a trip from West to fish that water very difficult. I put up a rundown of the closures on my shop's website: 2009 YNP Road Work. The bottom line is that you want to stay north of the closure to fish the northern part of the park.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:05 PM

delmer is on a distinguished road

Hey...
This question got me to sign-up. I had the great experience of staying at Silvertip for a week, 8 years ago. Owners maintain exclusive use July 4 - Labor day, but allowed my Dad and I to stay the week before the 4th. Outstanding experience...not "uppity", and cheaper than other "outfitters". Great people who are very friendly to the fishermen who make it that far up Slough. You'll see their supply wagons lumbering along the Slough Creek trail...no motor vehicle allowed across YNP.

Waters were cold and a little high, so fishing was a little slow...but what an experience.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Good info. Glad you joined the forum.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-28-2009, 07:28 AM

blairsvilleman is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the information, do you have any contact information for Silver Tip Ranch?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

I googled 'Silvertip Ranch Yellowstone' and found this # on one of the links. (307) 344-7967
Also seen that you can contact Blue Ribbon Flies' in West Yellowstone. Blue Ribbon Flies

Hope this helps.