The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 11:31 AM

frogge is on a distinguished road
Default Yellowstone footware

Hey,
I hope this isn't redundant. I tryed to post this two days ago and can't find the post, so I'll try again. I'm planning a trip to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone in July. Hope to hike and fish. It is not clear to me how much I will be needing waders and if I would be better off in many places wearing hiking boots and carrying something like tevas for wet wading. I have hiked a good ways in my waders, but found it suboptimal. Thanks for any help,Frogge.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:48 AM

rustydeej is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yellowstone footware

frogge
A fovorite of mine when the air temp is comfortable is just to bare leg it. I hate carrying that extra luggage. After you get accustomed to your cold legs its quite refreshing and your body adjusts. I will bring in my wading shoes.
rusty
Old 04-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

frogge: All you needed to do was scroll down a little to see your original post. Biggie has replied to that post, stay in touch with him, he lives and fishes the area and will be able to provide you with the most up to date information possible. Here is a link to your original post.
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...are-10483.html

Larry
Old 05-02-2009, 10:41 PM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough

The weather here changes quickly year round and what might feel comfy one hour isn't the next. I regularly bring waders with fleece insulation and next time will do so with waist high waders. Last year it was frosty in the low 40s heading out in early August then in the 80s in the afternoon. Don't wet wade with cotton or cotton blends or you'll chill yourself out quickly. Some days start out warm then chill down due to rain, cloudcover and high winds. It's best to bring a good variety of clothing. On a given week last year it was fleece in the morning and shorts by afternoon and vice versa. I'm not one of those guys running in 40deg. weather with shorts-I'm the one in tights in 60degrees. Have fun in paradise... BTW, I've hiked 4+ miles in shorts and my studded aquastealths without problems. On the way back I switch to dry socks under a gortex sock liner with the same wet boots. My biggest worry up there is bison and grizz...
Old 05-04-2009, 12:18 PM

80skeys is on a distinguished road

A bit off topic, and more out of curiosity than anything, but how's the fly fishing on the Yellowstone river in the middle of the park? I was up there last year, dropped the line in a couple of spots, didn't have any idea what flies to use or how to fish them or whether it even holds fish.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

"I tryed to post this two days ago and can't find the post"

Hi frogge,

Here is how you can locate post or threads you have made.

1. On the brown link bars at the top of the page, click on "User CP". This will open your "User Control Panel."

2. In the center of the window you will see "New Subscribed Threads" If you see the thread you are interested in, click on the title of the thread. It will take you to the thread.

3. If you don't see your thread in the "New Subscribed Threads" then scan down "Your Control Panel" on the left side of the window. Locate the "Subscribed Threads" heading and then click "List Subscriptions." This will list all of your post.

You can locate your Member Name in any post and click on the name. A window will open that shows your "Forum Info." Click on "Find all post by: (member name)." Or, click on "Find all Threads Started by: (member name)." You will be taken to a list of all your Post or all of your threads.

Frank