The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Articles > Saltwater Articles

Saltwater Articles Articles on fly fishing for bonefish, redfish, tarpon, permit and other saltwater species.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 09:57 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice
Default Re: New Flats Fly Lines

Regardless of what the microphones will prove out, I can think of few things harder in fishing than concentrating on your casting and keeping your confidence up while you have a guide in the back of the boat grumbling under his breath about your line and your general lack of fishing knowledge (proven by your choosing such a noisy abomination). That is tough.... They need to work at getting the old time guides onboard.
sweetandsalt likes this.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:53 PM

tarponfly49 is on a distinguished road

I have to admit I'm in love with the Airflo tropical ridge bonefish...seems like all the pluses of textured line, but because the ridges run the length of the line, you don't get any "hiss" that you do with cross-textured line.....I am very interested in the new Cortland line.....might pick one up to play with...
Old 08-27-2014, 08:48 AM

crkoester is on a distinguished road

Sweetandsalt: Any inside info as to when Rio may introduce the new InTouch/Perception low-stretch lines for salt applications? (like the one you were apparently beta-testing?).

Chris
Old 08-27-2014, 03:01 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

I had thought it was a done-deal but not. I'll try to find out. I liked it and I'm not giving it back!
fly2field likes this.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:28 AM

ditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura about

Thank you for sending me down here sweetandsalt.....I don't yet live close to the salt so I don't get to hit the flats with any regularity. I do have a couple of rods geared to the salt however. One 7 and one 9wt. I do have two 7wts that I intend to use for carp. One is 9' graphite and the other is an old vintage 8' glass That I would consider a slow to moderate action rod for glass. I know it is sacriledge but carp is the best I can do on any kind of regular basis. Anyway, It appears to me that the SA Chard should be good for some short casts that are needed sometimes yet should also work for long casts in sweetandsalt (hehehe). I think it should also be a decent line for throwing bass flies. I have a Wulff TT with a short head on my 9wt and it is a great long caster. It makes me feel and look like a good caster. I am impressed with it actually. Now if I can just find a good carp flat locally.