The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 08:36 AM

wyflyfish is on a distinguished road
Default Ascension Bay Questions

I get to travel to Tulum next week and try to trick some saltwater fish. My experience in the salt is limited, but have a 7wt rod rigged for bones and have rented a 9wt. Hiring a guide through Yellow Dog Outfitters for two days, but was hoping to fish the beach near the resort other times. Anybody fish here or have suggestions? Thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ascension Bay Questions

Congrats, sounds like a fun trip, here are a few threads that might provide some help:
Mexico - Ascension Bay

The Fly Fishing Forum - The Best Fly Fishing News and Information focused on North America - Ascension Bay - a saltwater fly fishing paradise!

Featured Videos : Ascension Bay Bonefish Club news blog

Larry

Old 04-04-2011, 02:04 PM

wyflyfish is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ascension Bay Questions

Thanks! It looks like others have definately done the ground work. Great reading on the other posts. I am excited to go. I am similar to indymatt in the fact that I have fished a ton for trout, but only once for bonefish. It was in Hawaii. I hooked three, but was unable to land one. THe Coral cut me off all three times. Definately a different experience. I like to learn though.... Again, thanks for the links