The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 03:06 PM

kickintail is on a distinguished road
Default new to saltwater fly fishing

Hi i'am only new to the fly part. i have been fishing the jersey shore for ten years now and cant stop. i surf fish and boat fish but for the past 2 years have been kayak fishing. a good amount of my fishing is in tournaments on the kayak and this season i would like to start using a fly rod and will be looking for all the help i can get.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

also i will be trolling and would like some help with the right line for this
Old 02-19-2010, 07:45 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to saltwater fly fishing

Welcome to the site Mr kickin
While I most often prefer to fish with my feet firmly planted in the sand, I do a bit of saltwater kayak fishing myself.

The only time I troll is when traveling from one area to another or when I'm prospecting in open water.
If I bother to change lines, I'll put on a type 3 full sinking line. I'm not big on changing lines in the kayak, however. I lost my rod tip over the side once so leaving my floating line on most of the time works for me