The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 11:54 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Middle/Upper Keys

The tarpon are back. Went out for the first time today for a couple hours with my buddy, Capt. Applegate. We each caught one then left. He's got a customer early, I got tired early. Couple pics of mine from the end of the fight grabbed from a video camera so the focus isn't so good.

Click the image to open in full size.

Gogetum before the stinking oil shows up.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 05-07-2010, 02:07 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Middle/Upper Keys

wjc

Thanks for the pics and the report. I would go get em, but my trip is not till mid June. Had heard from my Dad last week that the Tarpon had finally arrived, glad to see they are on the bite as well!! All I can do now is hope they can deal with the oil before I am scheduled to arrive. Keep us posted!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Middle/Upper Keys

wjc: Great report and photos, even though the focus isn't perfect it is still great to see the action taking place. Congrats!

Larry