The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 12:24 PM

devildog83 is on a distinguished road
Default Howdy y'all!

I figured I would introduce myself to my new forum family. The knowledge on here for this noob is unbelievable. I've built custom rods for several years and never had a reason to build fly rods until I had a few customers ask for them. Well I couldn't resist building myself one as well. I love fishing and hopefully saltwater fly fishing will be another tool for the armory!
Old 05-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Howdy y'all!

Hi devildog83,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time on NAFFF and get to know some of our really nice and knowledgeable members.

Frank
Old 05-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Devildog, welcome to the forum. You're going to have a blast in SW with a fly rod. You've got tons of stuff to chase down there, and most of them pull pretty hard.

There are bunch of folks on here that build fly rods so check out the rod building forum if you haven't already.

Keep us posted on your progress, and holler if you have questions.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. Wouldn't be an ex-Marine would you? I build fly rods, any kind actually, But I like using fly rods the best. I'm pretty sure you will like the forum
Old 05-22-2010, 11:11 AM

devildog83 is on a distinguished road

Diver Dan I am still in. I would have put teufelhunden as the name but No one would have known what I was talking about. Thanks for the welcome I am enjoying it already!
Old 05-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

to the forum,hope you'll have a good time here
Old 05-23-2010, 11:15 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Devildog. Look forward to seeing some of your rods, and talking with you on here.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Devildog83: Welcome to the forum and the service to our great country! Looking forward to seeing some of your rods and FF stories.

Larry
Old 05-27-2010, 08:37 PM

Lone Star is on a distinguished road

Howdy and welcome!
James
Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Dog,

Hope you don't mind but I always take a short cut on the handles around here. In your neck of the woods Tarpon would be on the action list if I were there. Do you know where any of them live?

Welcome to the group,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;