The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Saltwater Fly Fishing (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/saltwater-fly-fishing/)
-   -   greetings from a newbie (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/saltwater-fly-fishing/13952-greetings-newbie.html)

nogills2 06-01-2010 12:26 PM

greetings from a newbie

Hello all, I am here in Louisiana, just started flyfishing and flytying. I am starting with saltwater.

As far as fishing, I have been for most of my life. Fished bass tournements for quite awhile, moved to saltwater fishing with my sons, and finaly am trying and flyfishing. I guess next will be photography,lol.

Anyway if you have questions about fishing Louisiana, send me a shout. I have fished Delacroix, Reggio, Shell Beach, Hopedale, Slidel, Lafitte and Chalmete areas.

In Hopedale, Mr Go has been dammed for traffic, but there are others ways to get around it and fish the southern parts of it.

Hardyreels 06-01-2010 02:07 PM

Re: greetings from a newbie

Hello nogills,

Glad to have you on board. I hope the oil doesn't impact your favorite spots.

Welcome to the forum,

Ard

mcnerney 06-01-2010 02:42 PM

nogills2: Welcome to the forum, I'm looking forward to reading your fishing reports! What is your take on what the impact to fishing is going to be in LA in regards to this oil spill?

Larry

peregrines 06-01-2010 05:18 PM

Nogills2, welcome to the forum, great to have you on board here. We're all keeping you LA guys in our thoughts, and hope your fishery can bounce back from the spill once they figure out how to stop it.

Looking forward to your posts!

nogills2 07-23-2010 12:19 PM

Now that the leak is under control, Things should improve! Sport Fishing has reopened. I am looking forward to getting out now. As soon as I get some time, I plan to fish.
As usual the news media made it look worse than it is, so far, you would think we have oil flowing in the streets here. My concern is the dispersant more than the oil! Oil is a natural substance and microbes can and will eat it, but once dispersant is applied, microbes wont eat it. So have we improved the problem or made it worse? I think the hope is that it will settle in deep water where there is not much life anyway. The tropical storm Bonnie may actually clean up most of the mess in the marsh, that we have now. In 1979 Mexico had a similar spill and a huricane dispersed the oil for them.

Check out this video: Leaving Facebook... | Facebook

Very Interesting

mcnerney 07-23-2010 02:57 PM

nogills2: Good to see you posting again and that sport fishing has reopened!

What, oil isn't flowing in the streets, that can't be all the news media have told us so! LOL!

I have too have been wondering if the oil dispersant wouldn't cause more harm than good. I hope you're correct about tropical storm Bonnie! Excellent video, pretty amazing comparison of 1979 to 2010! Keep us posted on how the fishing goes.

Larry