The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2007, 01:15 PM

bonefish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to bonefish
Default Bonefishing Guide Tulum Mexico

I am offering Tropical Flyfishing Tours again, near Tulum Mexico, from December 16th 2011 to January 16th, 2012. I supply all the gear, rods, reels, hand tied flies, mostly clousers and deceivers and crabs that I create to get all those Bonefish, Permit, Tarpon, Jacks, etc. We will be fishing off the beaches, Mangrove coves, canal channels or can Kayak Flyfish, which is extremely effective, whether trolling, sight or blind casting, or just to get us to some nice flats to cast from. I have lived in Tulum Mexico for one year working as a tour guide and also doing independent flyfishing tours, speak fluent Spanish, of course English, and a little Swedish. I am familiar with several fishing hotspots that I hope I can have the chance to take you to, as this is a good time for fishing down in the Yucatan, and the scenery is amazing.
My prices are very affordable compared to the big outfitters down there(about 1/4), and full of adventure. Although I know many guides there, and their tours are fantastic, I am offering my tours to people who simple just can't shell out $800usd/day for fishing. Send me a message to find out more about prices and where we go! You can email me at handmadeflies@gmail.com and I will answer any questions you have!

Last edited by bonefish; 11-13-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Guiding Flyfishing Tours again in Tulum
Old 04-08-2007, 12:00 PM

borgas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bonefishing Guide Tulum Mexico

Hello,
I am coming to Tulum from Sweden and am interested in bonefishing in the area. Is now a good time to bonefish?
I don´t have any gear since I have never flyfished before but my friends recommend that I do it there. Have you heard of Boca Paila, what is that? My friend says to go there.
Thanks
A Borgas
Old 04-08-2007, 12:42 PM

A Borgas,

Yes, now is a good time to bonefish the Tulum area as the migratory bones are rolling in and will be here feeding the next few months. Yes, Boca Paila is in the Sian Kaan Reserve on the way to Punta Allen. It is a channel connecting the Caribbean Sea to the mangrove system. The fishing here is good, although the bones here can be very easily spooked.
The flats are a good place to learn to cast because there is relatively few objects on which to catch your fly on, compared to shore casting with shrubs around you.
I supply equipment for up to two fishermen with rods, reels, leader and flies. I can teach you to cast when you get here, it´s just a matter of practice and pacience.
Let me know if you have any more questions and I think you´ll be happy to learn to flyfish here.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:44 PM

jharwood21 is on a distinguished road

My wife and I will be in Tulum from June 7th-12th.
I would be very interested in fishing for bones, wading instead of from a boat. Would you be open during these times and how good are your rates?!? I am not interested in paying the 200 dollars for a half-day trip. Are your prices negotiable - it sounds as if they are.

Both my wife and I have fly-fished and I am an avid trout fisherman. The only bone-flyfishing I have done was from a boat in belize (twice). We wasted half of each day locating Permit and never saw one! Absolute rip-off. The Bones were in 15 foot water and it was not intimate whatsoever.

I would be very interested in perhaps setting up a half day with you!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:10 AM

hungrytrout is on a distinguished road

I will be coming to Tulum in November of this year on a family vacation. I am a trout guide in Colorado with limited saltwater experience. How is the fishing that time of the year? Can you give me more details about your prices for day trips.
Thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 02:38 PM

IAN HODGE is on a distinguished road

HI
I AM STAYING IN TULUM FROM JULY 30th FOR 2 WEEKS, I WOULD LIKE TO GO BONE FISHING ON 2 SEPERATE DAYS, DO YOU STILL INSTRUCT ON HOW TO CATCH BONEFISH & HOW MUCH WILL IT COST
REGARDS IAN
Old 05-25-2009, 11:56 PM

lchukar is on a distinguished road

I am flying into Cancun June 14th, and will be in Tulum around June 15-16 before taking a couple weeks to work my way to Mexico City by car. I do a lot of trout and steelhead flyfishing here in Oregon, but have never done any tropical flats type fishing. I have read about bonefishing my whole life, and would like to hook into at lest one now that i will be in a place to try. I am used to taking care of myself, and do not need pampering, but I would need to use your gear. I have never used a guide before.

So is a half day trip one of those days a possibility?

Thanks,

Larry
Portland, OR
Old 06-28-2009, 08:56 PM

charliefly1 is on a distinguished road

I will be visiting Tulum, July 5th through the 12th, 2009. How much does it cost if I have my own equipment for your guide service?
Old 06-28-2009, 08:59 PM

charliefly1 is on a distinguished road

I will be visiting Tulum, July 5th through 12th, 2009. How much does your guide service cost if I have my own equipment?
Old 12-10-2011, 09:30 PM

Default TropicalFlies.com Tulum Flyfishing

You can check out TropicalFlies.com for independently guided, affordable tours Dec 2011 to Jan 2012