The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 08:31 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default My favorite time of year!

Got to the jetty at 5:30 this morning. Bill was waiting, coffe in hand. Plenty of parking, only a handfull of fishermen lacing up korker, and tieing on flies or plugs, my favorite time of year. I hurried into my waders and laced up my korkers since I was late, as usual. Reports of mullet in the surf convinced me to tie on a Steve Farrar Siliclone, last sip of coffee, lit a cigarette and headed for the water. Action was slow until first light, then it broke. Bait scattered, water started crashing, Billy's Deciever was slammed by a hungry Striper. I barely got a picture off of the action when my reel started screaming, three bass later I left Bill on the jetty and headed into work. Definately my favorite time of year.
Click the image to open in full size.
Wait for it...
They're in there somewhere
Fish on!
DEFINATELY MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR
Old 09-22-2011, 08:43 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: My favorite time of year!

Nice! Not too many things go better with coffee than a smoke and fresh fish.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:50 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely! The only bad part was leaving at 8:15 to get to work
Old 09-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
absolutely! The only bad part was leaving at 8:15 to get to work
I couldn't stop fishing...to go to workthat must be dreadful
Old 09-22-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
I couldn't stop fishing...to go to workthat must be dreadful
It certainly is! Especially now, 3 weeks ago that beach would have had 250 people on it by 8:15. This morning I counted 10 fishermen and 2 joggers, it's a pleasure to have the surf to myself.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I'm loving that all the way from Alaska!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-22-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I'm loving that all the way from Alaska!
I'm sitting at work praying for a UFO or meteor to hit the building so I can run back out there
Old 09-22-2011, 01:51 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

now that's a hell of a start to the day

casey

ARFE