The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 02:10 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Even The bad days are good :)

Spent my day off walking the beaches on Wed. It's rare that I spend an entire fall day on the beach and come up with a blank, but it happens. Weather was great, calm seas, wind was ok, great day for fishing. I guess no one told the fish.

IT'S NEVER THIS CALM OUT
Click the image to open in full size.

GOOD MORNING

CHEAP DECEIVERS, THE FEATHERS COME OUT WHEN THE BLUEFISH GO AWAY.

I WAS BEING WATCHED

GIRLFRIEND STOPPED BY TO SAY HELLO
Old 10-07-2011, 05:02 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Even The bad days are good :)

Swirl, I know just what you mean. I hooked into my first, second, third, and fourth brown trout today and saw all of them. However, I also had long-distance releases on every one. According to my friends who all saw the fish as well, one was an absolute monster. Even though I wound up with the big donut, it was a great confidence booster to know that fish will actually bite on to a pattern I tied up and presented, even if they got off the line for one reason or another!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-07-2011, 08:49 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

You mean that's not a random beach bunny fly groupie?
Old 10-07-2011, 09:58 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
You mean that's not a random beach bunny fly groupie?
Lol, no those all chase you around! Actually this is her first fall migration. I think she was checking on me. She can't understand why I get up at 4:30 and fish every day. If she survives this season she's a keeper.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Good for you Chaser, a nice day and a visit from the lady, good day indeed.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Could have been worse. I got skunked the other night. Even worse the big Walleye were chasing Emerald Shiners all over the place. My buddy Bill got some fish, and just to rub salt in it, all big. Still beats work.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:59 AM

Thanks guys, most days a sharp stick in the eye beats work! Water temp is steadily dropping, one more cold front and we should have plenty of fish to play with.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:38 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

More nice pics. That striped bass fishing from the beach looks like a blast. I wish we had them in the PacNW.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:49 AM

It certainly is. You guys must have a similar species that's accessible from the beachs no?
Old 10-08-2011, 05:49 PM

chuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nice

Lookin Good! Way to go even if the fish weren't cooperating looks as if you had a great time.
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/