The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 08:42 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another quiet pre-work fishing trip

Long night last night, a few too many beers but some how I still opened my eyes a 5:15 so I figured what the hell. Got to the beach around 6:15 and ran into the usual suspects, including my buddy Bill already working the jetty. Also meet Colin from the averageangler.com. He had the only Bass this morning, caught it before first light while I was still nursing my hangover. He snapped a few pics and was nice enough to post only the flattering ones.

He has a pretty cool blog if you want to check it out:
The Average Angler

Colin's Bass, I was still drinking coffee and Gatorade
Click the image to open in full size.

Where I'm at home.

Me and Bill working the jetty

My morning stretch.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:34 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Another quiet pre-work fishing trip

Nice pics.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:35 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, that's what they look like when someone who knows what they're doing takes them. Alot better than my cel phone pics
Old 10-08-2011, 06:26 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Cool pics! I see you guys use stripping baskets; don't see that where I'm from. I suppose they're necessary because it looks like you're shooting alot of line judging from your back cast angle, am I right?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
Cool pics! I see you guys use stripping baskets; don't see that where I'm from. I suppose they're necessary because it looks like you're shooting alot of line judging from your back cast angle, am I right?
The wind was kind to me this morning. Working about 45-55 Ft of line outside the tip and shooting another 45-50. You can't really fish without the baskets. Fishing on the rocks or the surf with all that line at your feet is a disaster waiting to happen. I can usually cast 80-90ft under neutral conditions but with a west wind over my right shoulder I looked better than I actually am.