The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 09:33 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default It wasn't meant to be

Let me tell you a story about 4 guys at the end of a Jetty. All regulars, all out well before first light, all wanting to feel a tight line. Three flyfishermen and one guy throwing a plug with a fly tied on as a teaser. Who catches the only fish? The guy dragging a fly above a plug of course! It just wasn't meant to be this morning

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 10-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: It wasn't meant to be

Don't let that bother you, I fished all day yesterday with another fellow and at the end of it all only one fish was caught and it was not on my line......................... The reward for me was that the gent had just rigged his fly to the leader design that I have tried to push for guys who need depth and don't want lead clamped to the line like a gear guy. He has been moving toward using this for the past few days but yesterday he rigged it and got one big fish and hooked / lost a second.

I was happy to have a hand in that

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-15-2011, 12:26 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Quite the hardware hanging off the mouth of that fish, swirl! And Ard, that's a victory in itself, even if you weren't the one with the fish!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-15-2011, 12:34 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ard, It normally doesn't bother me but it's taking forever for the water to cool down this year. Once the water temp drops under 60 all hell will break loose out here. The drop in temp triggers the Stripers to go into feeding frenzies. We've been sitting at a water temp of 65 for 10 days now. I need summer to go away already.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
I need summer to go away already.
Bite your tougue! Up here where I live summer is far to short already. The water up here is in the mid 40's. I'm having to take serious shrinkage prevention steps already.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Bite your tougue! Up here where I live summer is far to short already. The water up here is in the mid 40's. I'm having to take serious shrinkage prevention steps already.
LOL I know Dan. I hate the winter too, but I need this water temp to drop before I lose my mind. I know they're there, they just need some urgency to come into shore and start eating.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:12 PM

seajay will become famous soon enoughseajay will become famous soon enough

Ard what is this leader design you talk about?
Old 10-18-2011, 09:04 AM

Lets add insult to injury. After 4 straight mornings of 4:30 wake up and fishing before I work I decided to sleep in this morning. Can you guess what happened? I get this picture text this morning at 7:45 from my buddy Bill. I think I need a new hobby.
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 10-18-2011, 09:32 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Your buddy still would have been the one to catch that fish.
You only missed out on being there to take his picture with it
Old 10-18-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Your buddy still would have been the one to catch that fish.
You only missed out on being there to take his picture with it
LMAO, thanks Rip! I can always count on you for moral support. I'm going to go hang myself now with a 10WT Intermediate line.