The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 07:42 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kids running a muck in the surf, parents nowhere to be seen :(

Spent a few hours in the surf this morning fishing the outgoing tide. Plenty of schoolies to keep me busy but not a decent fish in site. Olive/White half and half was the breakfast of choice this morning.
Hopefully this is a sign of good seasons to come. Welcome home Stripper class of 2011

I WAIT ALL YEAR FOR MORNINGS LIKE THIS.
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO FIT IN THE BASKET

HUNGRY LITTLE BUGGER

GO TELL YOUR DAD WHAT I DID. I'LL BE WAITING RIGHT HERE...
Old 11-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids running a muck in the surf, parents nowhere to be seen :(

Hopefully, the biggies will start showing! If not those fish will grow so like you said, seasons to come should be good!

Larry

Old 11-03-2011, 08:13 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Kids running a muck in the surf, parents nowhere to be seen :(

Hopefully those fish are the "cows" of the future.
Before this season we so many bad recruitment years that seeing any dink fish at all is a good sign
Old 11-03-2011, 08:17 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely, I console myself with the idea that one of those could be my son's first 50. Plus they kept me busy all morning.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:25 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Hey Swirl where are you fishing in those pics? I'm not trying to move in on your spot, its just reminiscant of home. Are you Bay side or on Ocean?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Hey Swirl where are you fishing in those picks? I'm not trying to move in on you spot, its just reminiscant of home. Are you Jersey side or on Staten?
No worries, it's everyones ocean, there's room for us all. Ocean side. Fished Bradley to Avon this morning.

Last edited by swirlchaser; 11-03-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:36 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Hahaha! I was close! At first glance, of the shot with the dunes in the backround I though Sea Bright but I remembered the jetties are gone and you can't see the seawall, then I thought LB/Elburon but there's too much beach. Wow I miss it, the smell of the water when the tide is still slack then the wind comes up and the breakers roll in, game on!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Hahaha! I was close! At first glance, of the shot with the dunes in the backround I though Sea Bright but I remembered the jetties are gone and you can't see the seawall, then I thought LB/Elburon but there's too much beach. Wow I miss it, the smell of the water when the tide is still slack then the wind comes up and the breakers roll in, game on!
The smells get me every time! My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy when I tell her I can smell the bunker in the water. I'm at work now and I can still smell the surf, hope I'm not still wearing my waders
Old 11-03-2011, 08:53 AM

Watermelons! Or some kind of sweet fruit. Do you ever fish the jetties around Pullman Ave.? That was one of my favorite haunts, the first jetty in particular. That rock pile just sucks the fish in. I had it made back there I lived 2 blocks from the "Flats" and knew the trail to cut through the back and come out by the creek mouth. I remember when you could walk under EARLE to get to Wier's Creek and if you could keep your backcast out of the crow weeds you could out fish the clam dunkers! Well thanks for posting this man its a nice stroll down amnesia lane!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Watermelons! Or some kind of sweet fruit. Do you ever fish the jetties around Pullman Ave.? That was one of my favorite haunts, the first jetty in particular. That rock pile just sucks the fish in. I had it made back there I lived 2 blocks from the "Flats" and knew the trail to cut through the back and come out by the creek mouth. I remember when you could walk under EARLE to get to Wier's Creek and if you could keep your backcast out of the crow weeds you could out fish the clam dunkers! Well thanks for posting this man its a nice stroll down amnesia lane!
I thought I was the only one who knew about Pullman Ave!!! I spent a a day in military court and got a $180 fine for kayaking too close to EARLE. They stopped me with a patrol boat and pointed a 50mm gun at me! In a 12" yellow kayak? Really??? I stay away from Leonardo Beach now