The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 12:57 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default That's it! I

Where have all my fish gone??? I was out at 6:00, walked almost 2 miles of beach till 10:30 and managed 1 Bass and half a dozen Shad. Did I really walk 2 miles to catch Shad on a 10WT??? Yes, yes I did...
Old 11-10-2011, 01:09 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: That's it! I

If it helps, I lost every fish I hooked into yesterday except for a tiny goby which had no business being on the end of my hook. Granted, I did not walk 2 miles, but I drove a good amount, and was also out at 6.

I think your fish decided to stay away so that I would have someone to suffer along with

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-10-2011, 01:36 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
If it helps, I lost every fish I hooked into yesterday except for a tiny goby which had no business being on the end of my hook. Granted, I did not walk 2 miles, but I drove a good amount, and was also out at 6.

I think your fish decided to stay away so that I would have someone to suffer along with
Thanks for the company Gator. I'm starting to think I should Ebay all my saltwater gear.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:41 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I do not support that decision at all. First, if you are getting rid of your saltwater gear, send it to me. Second, don't get rid of your saltwater gear! I miss saltwater fishing so, so much, despite the quality of my current fishery! But like I said, I'd be happy to provide a new home for it if you feel compelled to vacate it

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-10-2011, 01:58 PM

I will certainly keep you in mind Gator. If I don't break it all before winter hits.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:59 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

In my world, there's 2 seasons.
Fishing season and college basketball season.
As college basketball gets into full swing tomorrow, that makes today the last "official" day of fishing season. That's not to say that I won't fish "off season", it's just an acknowledgment of the facts.
Basketball season ends with the final 4 the first weekend of April and that's just about exactly when it's time to fish again.
It's synchronicity and everyone knows that you can't fight mother nature or the NCAA
Old 11-10-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
In my world, there's 2 seasons.
Fishing season and college basketball season.
As college basketball gets into full swing tomorrow, that makes today the last "official" day of fishing season. That's not to say that I won't fish "off season", it's just an acknowledgment of the facts.
Basketball season ends with the final 4 the first weekend of April and that's just about exactly when it's time to fish again.
It's synchronicity and everyone knows that you can't fight mother nature or the NCAA
I wish I could stop fishing for that long. I would end up going mad. I don't think I've gone more than 3 weeks without fishing.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:08 PM

Being from the South, college football is the arm of the NCAA that matters most to me, though I do watch Gator basketball from time to time and I do follow the scores. Luckily, I do a lot of fishing during the week and before the games come on. I like night games especially for that reason. That's one of the great things about hockey.... late games!

So Rip, would you be a Huskies fan?

And Swirl, good luck in controlling your desire to break your gear, surf fishing seems like feast-or-famine to me, but I haven't done a whole lot of it. You always have your secret perch spot to fall back on, though I don't think your surf gear is great for the inshore stuff

Old 11-10-2011, 02:17 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: That's it! I

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
So Rip, would you be a Huskies fan?
Backtoback baby !
Old 11-10-2011, 02:17 PM

The Fall run is normally a lot more consistent than this. Once you know the patterns and make enough friends to get on the "cel phone list" it's not that hard. This season is completely different. I get a phone call, run out the next morning and nothing.