The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 08:38 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default They're finally in :)

The Bass are finally in! I missed the saltwater classic but I made the most of the last three mornings before work and my to-do list. Nice pick of 20-30" Bass and plenty of little guys to keep me busy. Lots of Hickory Shad in the water so I was expecting a few big fish but never saw them.
Sorry, the surf was too rough to even consider taking pictures (I've lost too many cel phones ) I really need to get a waterproof camera. The only pic I can offer you is my sore Striper thumb.
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 11-13-2011, 09:09 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: They're finally in :)

Good to hear you finally got into them Swirlchaser. How long will they stay in close to shore like this?

Dave
Old 11-13-2011, 09:17 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Good to hear you finally got into them Swirlchaser. How long will they stay in close to shore like this?

Dave
Thanks, they're a little late this year so hopefully they will stay until mid December. Not the best temperatures to fish the surf but we'll live with it.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:50 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

So you would say you give the day one scratched and sore thumb up then Glad to see you hooked into fish, guess that means I won't be getting any saltwater gear then, hahaha.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Good to hear the odds are turning for you. I know what it's like getting up at 0300 just to go search for fish that may or may not be in.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-13-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post

Dave
Thanks guys, the hunt is part of the fun. Now I'll be putting some miles on the fishing buggy running up and down the coast for the next few weeks Sorry Gator, no fire sale this year.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:10 PM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light

Love to hear when people are catching fish! Tight lines and I hope you hook many many more!

-Ian
Old 12-07-2011, 06:40 PM

sldjwu is on a distinguished road

Sore thumbs = good fishing