The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 08:51 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default The end is near. Another season in the books.

Water temp is at 50, two days of cold rain should drop it again. Another Fall Striper season approaches the end. I hate to stop catching them but I look forward to catching a few Cod fish and spending a few months learning to catch Trout. With a full moon tomorrow and winds picking up I figured this morning would probably be my last chance at a few fish. 4:30 alarm, I was at the "hook" by 5:20. A brisk, 20 minute hike and I was ready to fish. Caught two schoolies in the dark around 6 AM and two on the outgoing tide between 7:30-8. Couldn't find a big fish to save my life but I was happy to see fat, healthy schoolies. They should make for a nice Spring run.
Stay warm and tight lines
-Marco

GOOD MORNING
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

DECEMBER AT THE HOOK. FAIR WEATHER FISHERMEN ARE GONE, ONLY A FEW WHO SHARE MY DISEASE

HEALTHY SCHOOLIE. LOOK AT THE SHOULDERS ON HIM!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:14 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: The end is near. Another season in the books.

Hey is that funky tidal pond still out there? It looks like the tip has changed a ton, well it does with every little weather system. It ain't all the way over dude the Mudflats at the creek mouth and Wier's in Belford always have fish over the dark mud bottom, as late as February and as early as March LOL! 6wt fish though super schoolies on uber spase yellow clousers ticked along the bottom. Man dude you're making me want to sneak away to the shore!

Also keep an eye on the IFF lake on the bayside they're in there.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:28 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Hey is that funky tidal pond still out there? It looks like the tip has changed a ton, well it does with every little weather system. It ain't all the way over dude the Mudflats at the creek mouth and Wier's in Belford always have fish over the dark mud bottom, as late as February and as early as March LOL! 6wt fish though super schoolies on uber spase yellow clousers ticked along the bottom. Man dude you're making me want to sneak away to the shore!

Also keep an eye on the IFF lake on the bayside they're in there.
Yup it's still there. It extends further back now. At high tide it's a thigh deep wade to cut across it. Cod fishing is call me, the Bass will have to wait until the spring.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:52 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I hear you, 17 Fathom Bank, the Farms, all the wrecks out there, loaded with delicious slabs. You do any togging?
Old 12-09-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I hear you, 17 Fathom Bank, the Farms, all the wrecks out there, loaded with delicious slabs. You do any togging?
Yup. been Togging for two weeks now. So many fish to squeeze into a short Fall season. Too bad I have to work...
Old 12-09-2011, 10:08 AM

That's probably one of things I miss most, I used to do real well right in the bay when I had my Whaler running. Right around the Old Orchard area, everyone would be running down to the reef or furthor south and fight for a position a hour later. I'd be set up close to a limit and only burned maybe a few gallons and thats cause my outboard was a slob of a two stroke. Nice shallow anchor pull, no need for GPS or Loran just look for the four lights and a few other top secret landmarks find the high spot, and crack some of the bigger greenies and toss them to get the burgelers up and out of the way. Fun stuff man! The only bait fishing I really loved.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:15 AM

Here you go buddy, turning water into wine!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:21 AM

Fish cakes!!!