The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 09:25 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road
Default Mullet run=snook

The mullet are starting their migration. we went out wednesday, had seen several snook on some of the favorite dock lights and found them gourged to compasity. did manage to boat a few shorts on a small mullet pattern. got several looks from some slot sized fish , but no joy. hopefully it was just the weather.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:39 PM

Colorado Cajun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mullet run=snook

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrillinger223 View Post
The mullet are starting their migration. we went out wednesday, had seen several snook on some of the favorite dock lights and found them gourged to compasity. did manage to boat a few shorts on a small mullet pattern. got several looks from some slot sized fish , but no joy. hopefully it was just the weather.
Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. Put down the fly rod and pick up a spinning reel with live bait. (Sorry! I'm not too proud! *LOL*)

It can be very frustrating when all they want is live bait and won't touch a fly. I encountered that in Louisiana on my redfishing trip.

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*
Old 10-12-2007, 03:56 PM

CC,

Quote:
Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. Put down the fly rod and pick up a spinning reel with live bait. (Sorry! I'm not too proud! *LOL*)
Did that last Wednesday, several docks holding fish no takers.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:30 PM

this wednesday night is hopefully going to yield some fish. there is a front moving in and is going to blow 15-20 tommorrow through tuesday. its supposed to lay down to 5 knots out of the south on wednesday. if the weather cooperates we will head out to the lights of biscayne bay and TRY to score some linesiders. I have a friend flying in tonight, and promised him a trip to our chock full o' fish docks while he is here. (maybe there are some snook in his future?)