The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice
Default reasons to saltwater fish

I personally favor saltwater fishing over every other type for the following reasons
1. lets be honest saltwater fish are bigger than freshwater. Who doesnt love to have a picture with a huge fish.
2. They can destroy tackle. This might sound bad but it adds a level of skill to it and it also means they can fight hard enough to kick your butt.
3. They are aggressive. For some fish you literally cant strip fast enough like barracuda. They chase. Saltwater environments are a lot less forgiving then freshwater and fish take every chance they get.

feel free to add any
Old 04-24-2012, 08:59 PM

physiognomy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: reasons to saltwater fish

4. Many saltwater fish are damn fine eating, as well as being great sport fish.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:05 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

5. Variety is endless.
6. More water to fish.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-24-2012, 09:23 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

7. very colorful and beautiful fish ex. parrot fish, redfish,
Old 04-24-2012, 10:25 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Reasons not to saltwater fish....

You live in Ohio...or worse yet Minnesota!
grassonfly and s fontinalis like this.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:43 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

8. Stocked saltwater fish?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

9. Better way to get a tan than laying on the beach.
10. Plenty of room to backcast.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Like it says below, I like to hunt fish. I can drive two hours to Port Aransas and have thousands of acres of water less than 3' deep and hundreds of thousands of redfish roaming around that will eat a fly.

Reason #11: The hunt, stalk, and eat.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:03 AM

grouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura about

For me there is a bit of zen or solitude you can't find in freshwater. I'd rather be alone on the coast at dawn listening to snapping shrimp than be stringing up my rod in the parking lot with ten other guys.
grassonfly likes this.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

It's fishing!! Fishing is Fun!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures