The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 12:50 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endured the weekend pain for a few hours.

Haha! Been there done that smelled like salt and sand in the cuffs of my dress pants but well worth it. Conditions sound awesome. Got one more graduation party and a little shoe throwing and I'm heading down. I'll let you know what's up. The SMS will still be here when I get back.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-09-2012, 02:18 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
Man that's a mongo striper for sure. I can't believe I was back in NJ for the first time in years and didn't find you.
Probably for the best
"Ok Folks, so I know I'm here for the weekend to see the little brother graduate...buuttt...."
I'd be apologizing for that for a while!
thanks for sharing
Thanks Carl. There's always night fishing for trips like that. They won't even notice your gone

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

I can't believe I forgot to post the best pic! "turn towards the sun, the shot will look better" and I listened, like a knucklehead. Gotta love fishin buddies

Click the image to open in full size.
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Nothing better than Striper before work!
Oh there's a few things Brotha!

Marco, that looks like a great time for sure. Would love to play that game sometime.
swirlchaser and theboz like this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 06-09-2012, 09:05 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

That is indeed the best pic...Bubba Gump goes striper fishing!

Dave
Old 06-09-2012, 09:12 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
That is indeed the best pic...Bubba Gump goes striper fishing!

Dave
I know the fish was kicking and I didn't want to drop him but I couldn't see so i hugged him.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:22 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

If that wind backs around to the East they'll be surfing the jetties down in Deal and AP. Any sign of Alberts yet?
Old 06-09-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
If that wind backs around to the East they'll be surfing the jetties down in Deal and AP. Any sign of Alberts yet?
But I'm usually in the surf and casting in an East wind isn't my favorite pastime. A little early for the Albies, but I'm keeping a sharp eye out.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:33 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

With that two hander and a heavy RIO head it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Best thing is when the meat is on the beach the bass aren't too far behind. I remember a few times heading out behind the Stella Maris on that big T jetty and the little cove on the south side was black with bunker and every wave had a mongo bass surfing inside it. Bad part was there was so much bait in the water they wouldn't look at an imitation! Still pretty cool though like watching the discovery channel live!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
With that two hander and a heavy RIO head it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Best thing is when the meat is on the beach the bass aren't too far behind. I remember a few times heading out behind the Stella Maris on that big T jetty and the little cove on the south side was black with bunker and every wave had a mongo bass surfing inside it. Bad part was there was so much bait in the water they wouldn't look at an imitation! Still pretty cool though like watching the discovery channel live!
The two hander and a 550gr get the job done but I avoid it when ever possible. Not my favorite way to fish. There's something about a a 550 line and a 2/0 fly wizzing past my face at an unGodly speed that unsettles me...
Old 06-11-2012, 09:35 AM

hahaha! I can't imagine why! Its actually why I don't like fishing clousers, as effective as they are it does sting getting one in the back of the head! I might be thata way by the end of summer but I think I'm sorta at odds with the fam back there. Maybe I'll be back in time for the peanuts.