The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 08:17 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Endured the weekend pain for a few hours.

The East wind finally turned and we had a small window this morning before work. Everyone in the NE knows, wind from the west... I normally hate fishing weekends but I needed a fix. Left the dock at 5AM, fished a few hours and was at my desk by 9AM. Despite the weekend warriors running through ever school of Bunker they find we still managed a few bites.

Beautiful morning but boats everywhere, doesn't eveyone know the ocean is mine??
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 AM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Endured the weekend pain for a few hours.

Nice!!!! Your killing me with all the fat striper pics Swirl!! I'm a striper junkie at heart and only fish for other species when they aren't around to catch. I see the boat your on has a T-top, does it ever get in the way of casting? I just picked up a 20' center console for the bay and ocean and can't decide weather to build a top for it or not. I still have to replace the floors and transom so I have a little time but I need to figure out how I'm going to set it up.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:22 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiniwerfishin View Post
Nice!!!! Your killing me with all the fat striper pics Swirl!! I'm a striper junkie at heart and only fish for other species when they aren't around to catch. I see the boat your on has a T-top, does it ever get in the way of casting? I just picked up a 20' center console for the bay and ocean and can't decide weather to build a top for it or not. I still have to replace the floors and transom so I have a little time but I need to figure out how I'm going to set it up.
Thanks! That's a 26' CC so it has a little more room. You could probably still get away with casting from the bow on a 20' with a T-top. If your fishing back bays you can put a casting deck over the motor but I wouldn't use it in open waters
Old 06-09-2012, 09:24 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Raritan Bay Weekend Parking Lot! The only thing worse is the Rip in the fall. Thats a helluva bass bother! Makes tossing those 12" patterns worth the effort.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Raritan Bay Weekend Parking Lot! The only thing worse is the Rip in the fall. Thats a helluva bass bother! Makes tossing those 12" patterns worth the effort.
Thanks WT, thats why I love Blackfishing so much. All the part timers are out of the water by then. When are you coming home?
Old 06-09-2012, 09:38 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

And I was going to head down to the surf this morning but decided to sleep in....... Oh well.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
And I was going to head down to the surf this morning but decided to sleep in....... Oh well.
I haven't gotten a surf report yet from the guys. The Bunker wasn't that far off Asbury, not in casting distance from the Jettys but maybe close enough. We should have a west wind for a few more days atleast, you have time. What beaches do you fish? I must have passed you once or twice.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:34 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Beauty Marco ! I'm leaving the SMS and heading down. You got me pumped.! Nothing better than Striper before work!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-09-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Beauty Marco ! I'm leaving the SMS and heading down. You got me pumped.! Nothing better than Striper before work!
Thanks John. You should do well, west wind, back side of a full moon, low tide 6:30-7:30ish depending on where you fish. If I didn't have the kids this weekend I'd be back out again. Right now I'm sitting at my desk smelling like salt and daydreaming.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:46 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Man that's a mongo striper for sure. I can't believe I was back in NJ for the first time in years and didn't find you.
Probably for the best
"Ok Folks, so I know I'm here for the weekend to see the little brother graduate...buuttt...."
I'd be apologizing for that for a while!
thanks for sharing

Steelheader's Anonymous.