The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 10:36 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saltwater Fish Photos....Post Here!

If hypersaline is ok... then there's this. milt Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:48 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

That corvina is a pig Milt! To bad no more in hypersaline. Awesome fish!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-24-2012, 11:07 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you sir. We definitely had some days down there during its resurgence, but to hear the stories of the heyday is almost unbelievable. Doubtful that I'll see a fix in my lifetime. Miss that place, highly unique. milt.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:07 PM

OwenRiverLodge will become famous soon enoughOwenRiverLodge will become famous soon enough

I've just returned from a delightful week in the Cook Islands staying on Aitutaki.
I managed ( read negotiated with SWMBO) 2 days guided fishing with Itu Davey.
Now I have to admit to be a freshwater angler and had some problems (read couldn't do) with casting a 9 weight 30 > 35 yards....
However, I did manage to land 2 nice bones - each weighing in between 9> 10 lb...

Click the image to open in full size.

Murchison
South Island, New Zealand
http://www.OwenRiverLodge.co.nz

http://www.facebook.com/OwenRiverLodge
Old 06-30-2012, 10:53 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Dang! Those bones are not only gorgeous but ginormous ! Looks like a great place to fish.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 07-01-2012, 06:13 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Beautiful fish! Congrats! Figured it would take fly fishing to make me want to vacation in the Tropics...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 07-01-2012, 09:51 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

Those bones are ridiculous!

Here is some fun we got into last October in LA... my bachelor party

And some fun off of Cape Cod last summer with 12 wts....

Here is a 'cuda I caught on my Honeymoon in Bora Bora... not huge but I had fun
von behr likes this.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:41 AM

fishindave is on a distinguished road

WOW, Felix, those are some flats rockets!! One of these days I will make it to NZ...Been thinking of it..Long way from AFG though...Whats the best time down there?

Walker, Sweet lineside....

OH MY! OMAN! 2013
"All I want from life is an unfair advantage" W.C. Fields
Old 07-01-2012, 07:59 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Running the spectrum there, Walker, from slotties to big 'uns! Looks fun! I want to chase some of those LA delta pigs...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

We were there a little early for the big bull reds, going to go mid-November this time... although, my brother (pictured in the double) did get a shot at a 25lb.+ fish. Unbelievable