The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 12:42 PM

swhite1989 is on a distinguished road

Click the image to open in full size.

From a couple summers ago. I was the only one using a fly rod. Also I was the only one that caught a sea trout and we were catching stripers that size all day.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:12 PM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all
Default Re: Saltwater Fish Photos....Post Here!

Just got back from the Gulf Coast, had to go down and finalize the details for my moving down there to guide next Fall and got a little fishing in...

Old 11-24-2012, 12:33 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Beauty Red !!Congrats!!
kwb likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 11-25-2012, 10:21 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome Red! Wish I had pics to post but we still can't get near 3/4 of our shoreline here in NJ.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:25 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Marco glad to see you posting man! How's it going with your SI situation? Any improvement? Hope things are well and you get time to hit the beach!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:00 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Thats an awesoem red!! I sure hope I get to touch one in December.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 11-26-2012, 06:29 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Marco glad to see you posting man! How's it going with your SI situation? Any improvement? Hope things are well and you get time to hit the beach!
Hey John,
Afte a month of cleaning up the old neighborhood looks like, well it looks like a shiny disaster. Jersey coast isn't much better, Sandy Hook is completely closed, Sea Bright, Belmar, Spring Lake and many others still shut down. This year's Striper season was over before it started. This might be the year I take up Trout fishing
Old 11-26-2012, 06:37 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about

Our's aren't a huge as others. We've had a tough time on the days we could make the coast but we have caught a few:

Thomas' first "keeper" (15") spec. Undersized 'schoolies' were slamming his Charturse Lefty's Deciever all morning (in excess of 20+ fish 10"-14") finally one just keeper is caught:

Dad gets "sheeped" on a Yellow & White Lefty's Deciever. These beggers really are darn dogged fighters, just don't stick a finger in their mouth.

Love the Deciever's as I have both boys 'flying' however they are losing flies to oysters, stumps, rocks,................., etc at a furious pace. Thus we use effective and easy/cheap flies to tie. I'm getting darn quick on #1 Decievers in any color combo the boys think will catch them best. Me I love Yellow & White and Blue & White, they however want the loudest gaudiest color combos imaginable, go figure.

Hope to catch some really large trout right after the fronts blow in this winter. Best trout are caught in Dec, Jan & Feb. I committed to having replica mount for any over 6# they catch on a fly.

Pete A.
mylobass likes this.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
Hey John,
Afte a month of cleaning up the old neighborhood looks like, well it looks like a shiny disaster. Jersey coast isn't much better, Sandy Hook is completely closed, Sea Bright, Belmar, Spring Lake and many others still shut down. This year's Striper season was over before it started. This might be the year I take up Trout fishing
Hope things start coming together for you on the SI front! And as far as missing the bass season that sucks! But I would really get a kick out of seeing a picture of you on one of those little Jersey trout streams with your switch rod next to all the little 3wts ! Haha!

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete a View Post
Our's aren't a huge as others. We've had a tough time on the days we could make the coast but we have caught a few:

Thomas' first "keeper" (15") spec. Undersized 'schoolies' were slamming his Charturse Lefty's Deciever all morning (in excess of 20+ fish 10"-14") finally one just keeper is caught:

Dad gets "sheeped" on a Yellow & White Lefty's Deciever. These beggers really are darn dogged fighters, just don't stick a finger in their mouth.

Love the Deciever's as I have both boys 'flying' however they are losing flies to oysters, stumps, rocks,................., etc at a furious pace. Thus we use effective and easy/cheap flies to tie. I'm getting darn quick on #1 Decievers in any color combo the boys think will catch them best. Me I love Yellow & White and Blue & White, they however want the loudest gaudiest color combos imaginable, go figure.

Hope to catch some really large trout right after the fronts blow in this winter. Best trout are caught in Dec, Jan & Feb. I committed to having replica mount for any over 6# they catch on a fly.

Pete A.
Pete love those Sheepshead! The fight like little banchis! So much fun!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:12 PM

fichy will become famous soon enough

Hudson River, Troy, NY, Essex River,Ipswich Ma., Glorietta and San Diego Bays, Ca. from this years fun.
Long about this time of year, I'd be wandering down from where I live on the border of NY/Vt. to Island Beach State Park and Sandy Hook in NJ to hit the stripers. My prayers go out to the poor folks who got hit.
grassonfly and thorsten like this.