The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree130Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 03:39 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Saltwater Fish Photos....Post Here!

A passable excuse. I think I'd still be afraid the cudas would attack a whole different fly.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:40 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
I actually DO have a good ( maybe?? ) reason for it.

Went to hang out with AJ ( gatorstransplant ) for a couple days, after checking into a hotel we decided to check out a lagoon across the street. So we got into the mangroves and he started walking out into it, he was wearing shorts so no big deal. I hung back to wait and see if it was going to worth walking out there. Turned out it was, put since I left a place where the temperature was 16* i had on pants. so, off came pants, shoes and socks and into the warm lagoon I went. turns out there were a few cuda back there, one of which I caught. Thats why i ended up with no pants on in a lagoon with a toofy fish.
Strange things happen when you fish with AJ, must be that beard he's sporting
Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

He works fast thats for sure I need to get the picture up that we took with each other, you'd be hard pressed to tell who was who. We look so similar that I even had family members mistake me for him haha. It was good times.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-02-2013, 10:27 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Lets see if this works, I finally caught something on fly gear in the salt, this was end of december/beginning of January

Click the image to open in full size.

I also caught a lady fish but we all know what those look like.
Nice fsh! Beauty of a Sheepshead! The Clouser in that flounders mouth makes him look 3 eyed ! Diffrent wading gear!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-02-2013, 03:11 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Nice fsh! Beauty of a Sheepshead! The Clouser in that flounders mouth makes him look 3 eyed ! Diffrent wading gear!
I know he's in Florida, but that will always be a Fluke to me
wt bash likes this.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:30 PM

hi tide is on a distinguished road

swirlchaser likes this.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:51 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
I know he's in Florida, but that will always be a Fluke to me
Me to ! The only reason I used that term is because that's a southern flounder not a summer flounder. To me the only thing I call flounder is the winter flounder the one we catch with mussels and blood worms and corn chum! Unfortunately once you go below the mason - Dixon line every variety of flatfish is a flounder! I'm with you Marco grew up on fluke! When we heard that Charlie Nappi broke the world record for summer flounder with a 22lber and change we all said fluke!!

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Did you get the new TFO yet?
wt bash likes this.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:00 PM

gshankuf is on a distinguished road

Your probably correct about the hat. The Bonefish was in Eleuthera if that is what you were thinking. As for the Reds...we get quite a few bigger ones on certain grass flats. I live for those flood tides.

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Nice Reds ! Very nice for a wading man! Congrats on the first fly bone and that spot looks so familiar! And somebody once told me never wear a golf hat to a flyfishing trip so maybe if you switch it up the big bone will come!!
Your probably correct about the hat. The Bonefish was in Eleuthera if that is what you were thinking. As for the Reds...we get quite a few bigger ones on certain grass flats. I live for those flood tides.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshankuf View Post

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:56 PM ----------

The hat yes the picture no. Looks similar to a spot in Grand Bahama on the way from Lucaya to the West End. my sons a big golfer and here's that all the time on the river so it stuck now I tell him that on the flats!9

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi tide View Post
Is that a pilotfish or banded rudderfish or some Hawaiian fish I've never heard of? Just curious ? It's got that nice powerful jack look to it!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Me to ! The only reason I used that term is because that's a southern flounder not a summer flounder. To me the only thing I call flounder is the winter flounder the one we catch with mussels and blood worms and corn chum! Unfortunately once you go below the mason - Dixon line every variety of flatfish is a flounder! I'm with you Marco grew up on fluke! When we heard that Charlie Nappi broke the world record for summer flounder with a 22lber and change we all said fluke!!

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Did you get the new TFO yet?
The actual distinction is "left side up" all flat swimmers start out swimming upright. Some migrate to the left some to the right. You'll notice that what we call a winter flounder up here, besides being smaller and not very aggressive it faces right when held upright. Our fluke face left, weird stuff.
theboz likes this.