The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 AM

hi tide is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Saltwater Fish Photos....Post Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
The hat yes the picture no. Looks similar to a spot in Grand Bahama on the way from Lucaya to the West End. my sons a big golfer and here's that all the time on the river so it stuck now I tell him that on the flats!9

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Is that a pilotfish or banded rudderfish or some Hawaiian fish I've never heard of? Just curious ? It's got that nice powerful jack look to it!
It's a barred jack. It didn't make a huge run like a bonefish, but it still was a nice fight!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:29 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Wow nice ! I've caught bar jack never that big ! They look different when they mature. Cool'
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Got a good sized jack in FL once. Fought him for a couple minutes, he wouldnt give an inch for a long time, just kept pacing the shoreline, swimming back and forth and tugging back when I pulled.

Eventually I thought I had him close enough to shore to snag. I grabbed my rod in the middle, stupidly holding the line against the shaft. As soon as I did, he ran, line couldnt give, snapped off my Ultra Shrimp and went on his merry way.

I think the worst thing about it for me was that I lost the fly he went after since I only had one and it apparently worked pretty well.
theboz likes this.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:55 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah they seem to do that zigzag thing and pure power! Makes them fun!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:00 PM

hi tide is on a distinguished road

That's what this guy did, just go back a forth in front of the boat for a few minutes.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:21 PM

Haha ! It's a good thing in a boat ! Very hairy when your in a narrow back water lined on both sides with mangroves and your fishing from shore! It's like PLEASE don't go there!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 AM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about

Action pics from the marsh east of New Orleans out of Hopedale with guides Greg Dini & Miles LaRose on March 12. Cold winds but fishing was great. All fish were sight casted using bushy EP & Rabbit tailed 1/0 flies. We all used 8wt with the wind and grass a 9 or 10wt would be fine choices too. Average casting distance was 30ft. All fish were sight casted no blind casting.

Sam & Thomas with a double
Click the image to open in full size.

Sam's first 'keeper' sized game fish on a fly:

Thomas with a 7#+ Sheepshead:

Dad (me) even caught a couple (it was cold & windy thus the old woman look):
Old 03-19-2013, 07:48 AM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

Very nice Pete, looks like a lot of fun!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:48 AM

Great fish Pete! That Sheepshead is HUGE!!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:50 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Great fish there Pete, no complaints on the buff around the ears, no problem with staying warm!! I can't wait to get back down to the salt...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...