The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree120Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 01:59 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Saltwater Fish Photos....Post Here!

As a saltwater fly fisher for part of the year and one who misses the salt for the rest of the year, I'd love to see a thread where people post their saltwater catches... while we could put them in "Fish other than trout" and "warmwater fish" I think we could use a dedicated saltwater thread!

So if that is amenable to the mods, Here's a small snook caught off the beach and an upper-end-of-the-slot nighttime red which inhaled a clouser to kick off the thread:

Click the image to open in full size.
The coolest part about this redfish was the photoshop-esque shape of the tail-spot:
Troutwhisperer and flyfishusa like this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 06-20-2012, 05:01 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saltwater Fish Photos....Post Here!

Great fish A.J. Great idea also. Maybe well see some real pigs!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-20-2012, 07:17 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I have a few pictures, but I'm gonna spread them out so that it's looks like I catch more fish than I really do.

swirlchaser and flyfishusa like this.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:07 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Striper Rip! Is that a piece of Eel Grass or part of the fly?
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 AM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

lthrnk03 and newby like this.

Last edited by kwb; 06-21-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:46 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

This is a bad bad thread for me.....I want to get on some redfish so bad its not even funny.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 06-21-2012, 04:11 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about

Here's a couple from the South Coast (Palacios, TX) and Poorboy Outfitting (me (poorboy) & my sons):
First my oldest's first time out in salt with flyrod
Second pic of his first red (my hand, his fish)
Old 06-23-2012, 10:10 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea AJ, I'll pace myself like Rip

Striper

Fluke (Summer Flounder)

A pair of Hickory Shad (not intentional, they get in the way during Fall Striper season)

Yellow Eyed Demon (aka Blue Fish)
Old 06-23-2012, 11:27 AM

fishindave is on a distinguished road

@ KWB...Dang, those are some slammin' reds, and a sheepy on fly? Way cool. Did that black drum break that rod? or is it just tore down? Great catches...

OH MY! OMAN! 2013
"All I want from life is an unfair advantage" W.C. Fields
Old 06-23-2012, 07:13 PM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishindave View Post
@ KWB...Dang, those are some slammin' reds, and a sheepy on fly? Way cool. Did that black drum break that rod? or is it just tore down? Great catches...
Busted rod laying next to the Redfish, was a brand new rod, they wrapped a guide too tight...