The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 09:46 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fly Fishing in Galveston, TX

As all issues go conversely I know people I trust who see it completely differently than the WPP guys. Just like those your trust & know.

We will have to contact our legislature's and game officials to let our differing voices be heard.

Pete A.
BigCliff likes this.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:17 PM

ratkins92 is on a distinguished road

ok thanks everybody! All the info helped a lot and i plan on going to one of the spots pretty soon and trying them out.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:16 AM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about

Please let us know how you fared. I go the the Lagoon few times each year when my sales calls take me close. Keep a rod in the trunk and make a late afternoon trip. Have caught some good fish there.

Get a map and take a trip to Galveston State Park, caught my best flounder on a fly (#6 Glass Minnow) there.

Pete A.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:34 PM

fishonron is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

I travel to the South Houston (Pasadena/Kemah) area often on business and I am looking at Galveston Bay or someplace where I can wade and catch some fish. I would say I am an advanced caster that can put up with wind and I am used to wading flats for bonefish. I am planning on bringing an 8 wt Xi3 with a floating line but also have heavier and lighter rods. I have been looking on Google Earth at places to fish and it looks like there are some flats in the Bird Island/Southwest Bay area. I am also wondering if there are boat rentals available? I appreciate any help you can give me!

Fishonron
Old 07-13-2012, 09:49 PM

I don't know of any rental boats at affordable prices in Galveston area. You might try the south jetty area at the north end of Galveston Bay and then at the south end by San Luis Pass. Galveston state park always is a viable spot.

Dollar Point off Texac city is easy access but the wind can be brutal. go early and insect repellent. Might try the Texas City Dike pocekt as there can be some nice specks and flounders there. Both of these spots are easy access.

good luck and post pics,

Pete A.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:06 PM
crobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by osok View Post
I enjoy fishing an area east of Houston called Anahuac. Go to Anahuac park south of town and drive past boat ramps through a open gate to the end of the paved road. Many acres of water to wade on the west side of road. Sea Trout, Red fish and Flounder.
Looking forward to trying this area!