The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 01:42 PM

cdaxj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Quick opinion - BVK or Sage Xi2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobotkg View Post
I love TFO for pretty much everything. But I dont have a lot of $ and that factors into it. I do know the BVK is amazing for pretty much every use.
Believe it or not I bought the sage and broke the tip within 2 weeks! I think it was my fault, pretty sure I high sticked the fish when I was landing him on the beach. Called sage and the rod is not warrantied but they'll fix it for $120. Prob not gonna do that and just accept the loss.

So, I ended up getting a BVK in a 7 wt and wow! Should've done that in the first place. I've never had a more enjoyable casting experience. Also, not to knock sage and I realize that it really all comes down to personal opinion and such, but I also enjoy my TFO TiCrX far more than the Xi2. it shoots line out there in the wind just as well as the Xi2 does (if not better) plus I don't feel nearly as fatigued after a long day of fishing. Throw in the fact that I could get 3 of those for the price of one Xi2.....well enough said for me! I did really enjoy the Xi2 as well though...for the 4 times I got to use it
brookfieldangler likes this.