The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 09:17 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: redfeeeesh

I will try to answer all the questions......

1. Jimw/BF41- We head out of Flamingo on the Clearwater side (from the south) and usualy get livies just before daylight, then head to the wreck. This summer we are looking to explore the S.E. side of the park between Flamingo and Islamirada.

2. Cliff, the man in the brown suit is a bull shark. found on the east coast of florida up to southern Ga. and on the west coast of florida throughout the gulf and as far west as texas. Bull sharks have been known to venture up into freshwater. there have been cases of shark attacks several miles inland on the mississippi river. Their average size is 8 feet but sharks in the 10-12' size are not uncommon. If you can imagine the fight of a 5-10lb Crevalle on fly, imagine the fight they put up when a shark shows up that can swallow them whole.

3. Craig, yes you can eat redfish. there really isnt a "best" way to cook'em, there are several preferred methods: Blackened, Broiled, baked, fried, grilled, ... etc.

4. Frank,Cliff, there is a discussion going on about 2 subjects concerning Everglades Nat'l Park 1st subject in discussion is whether to restrict certain waters for paddlers only. the 2nd discussion is whether or not to open the park for charter. both discussions are in their "infant" stages and probably will be in discussion for at least a few more years.

I hope I answered everybodies questions...
Old 01-04-2008, 08:27 AM

craig is on a distinguished road

We'll be in that section of the country in a few weeks and enjoy fishing and have never had redfish. Thanks.
cg
Old 01-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

AHA, that kinda brown suit. I could see how that could make the jacks a little more "anxious".

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:01 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road

theyre like a freight train when the sharks show up.