The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 08:48 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road
Default redfeeeesh

Hello all,

I havnt been around lately due to work. did manage to get out a few weeks ago and produced theese beuties.

Click the image to open in full size.

the one on the left (my right) 23" and the one on the right (my left) 26 1/2"

caught on a red and white #2 clouser late afternoon, incoming tide, Everglades Nat'l Park, South of Shark River
Old 12-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: redfeeeesh

Good fish there, but they'd look bigger held by somebody else. (not that I'm one to talk) You work as a bouncer?

Folks, you may not know it, but you'll have a hard time hooking up with a fish that is as fun as those on a fly rod, pound for pound.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
Good fish there, but they'd look bigger held by somebody else. (not that I'm one to talk) You work as a bouncer?

Folks, you may not know it, but you'll have a hard time hooking up with a fish that is as fun as those on a fly rod, pound for pound.
Thanks Cliff,

Not as a bouncer, but I worked for a company for 6 years haulin lines, chain, and provisions for Megayachts. Playin football and wrestling in highschool helped too. (now I sit at a desk and process orders all day)

We caught 23 redfish that day, over 30 seatrout, and countless crevalle in the 7-10lb. class. Hooked a nice tarpon late in the afternoon that cut me off.

When you get a chance, you should look into fishing Everglades Nat'l Park.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I wrestled and played ball in school myself. Did y'all have a 215lb class in FL when you were in HS?

Sounds like you had quite a day. Did you hook into all those fish on fly? I bet the jacks were a hoot, and tough to keep out of the cover.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:25 PM

Class 6A School, Largest Offense and Defensive Line in South Florida. Most of the line were wrestlers in the off season.

Most of the jacks were caught on live bait and spinners, I threw to a few and hooked up. Till the man in the brown suit showed up and broke up the fight. we set up at the wreck on the hook, when the jacks make thier rounds they are bunched up and will hit anything. the only problem is that the sharks follow closely, so when you have one on the fight is even more brutal. all in all it was a hoot. the trout were one after another, sometimes they would school up on the bait/fly.

like I said, if you ever get the oppertunity to come down to my stretch of ocean; plan a trip to S.W. florida youll be hooked.

Everglades Nat'l Park is in the process of establishing a program for state certified captains/guides to charter the park. Hopefully it comes into play soon. The park needs the funding and more people's awareness.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:36 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

Hey Tb Where do you fish from Flamingo? or everglades city? I fished from Everglades city several years ago and it was awesomes. I bet we caught over 20 different species of fish nothing big just tons of action. when i am done paying college tuitions maybe i will come back down. Next year is my last year i hope.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi tbrillinger223,

That is good news about the guides. Will you keep us updated on how that goes.

Frank
Old 12-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Ah, I was the only lineman that wrestled. Maybe our O line would have been worth a turd if some of them had. Our whole D line went all-district my senior year, none on the O line did. Might have something to with why I was the leading scorer in our one playoff game.

Brown suit = game warden? (or is UPS using fan boats for deliveries in the swamps?)

Sounds like it was a blast. I caught about 50 white bass y'day, but I don't think more than 3 of them were over a pound.

Seems like getting guiding set up in the park would be a great development. Always helps protect a natural area when it generates still more revenue.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:00 PM

craig is on a distinguished road

Can you eat those reds?
If so, what's the best way to cook them?
Thanks
Old 01-02-2008, 07:01 PM

bonefish41 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrillinger223 View Post
Hello all,

I havnt been around lately due to work. did manage to get out a few weeks ago and produced theese beuties.

Click the image to open in full size.

the one on the left (my right) 23" and the one on the right (my left) 26 1/2"

caught on a red and white #2 clouser late afternoon, incoming tide, Everglades Nat'l Park, South of Shark River
TB:
south of shark...clear water?? flamingo up or everg/chocc down??