The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love her, even when she's angy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
It's funny you say that because I tip my hat to you Trout fishermen. Those damn fish make a fool of me every time I try to catch them.[COLOR="Silver"]
I understand fully what you are saying, the past few days I have been fishing on the Green and this time of year it is really low and extremely clear water so long casts with small dries are the game and those fish can be extremely quick, so making setting the hook difficult. I have landed numerous fish each day but for each one I hook I probable miss the hookset on 3-4, but I don't mind, it is still a blast to try and match wits with these fish. JP says get yourself over here to France and give his fish a try, they are even faster. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to see it for myself in the spring.

Larry

Old 09-17-2012, 01:25 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: I love her, even when she's angy

Nuts, just hit me I forgot to ask where you were fishing. I assume the Atlantic?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:55 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Nuts, just hit me I forgot to ask where you were fishing. I assume the Atlantic?
Yes sir, the Jersey Shore.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
To me that was a very fishy looking surf. Bars and broken water. Usually it's good before the storm. The video really captured conditions well the only thing missing was the scratch and sniff to capture the smell! Nice job Marco! Got to be fish there!
There was bait so I'm sure something will feed there at some point today but this damn job keeps getting in the way...

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
I understand fully what you are saying, the past few days I have been fishing on the Green and this time of year it is really low and extremely clear water so long casts with small dries are the game and those fish can be extremely quick, so making setting the hook difficult. I have landed numerous fish each day but for each one I hook I probable miss the hookset on 3-4, but I don't mind, it is still a blast to try and match wits with these fish. JP says get yourself over here to France and give his fish a try, they are even faster. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to see it for myself in the spring.

Larry
Larry I swear I can hear them laughing at me when I wade into a river. They probably smell the salt on my skin and know I'm no threat to them
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:04 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
Larry I swear I can hear them laughing at me when I wade into a river.
That reminds me of an old Dave Barry column

Fear of fly-casting - Dave Barry - MiamiHerald.com

Quote:
The trout were laughing so hard at us that they considered evolving legs so they could crawl onto land and catch their breath.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:06 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
That reminds me of an old Dave Barry column

Fear of fly-casting - Dave Barry - MiamiHerald.com
That's me! That quote fits my trout fishing experience to the tee.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:43 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Mouth of the Kennebec, a week ago

Click the image to open in full size.