The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 08:27 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default I love her, even when she's angy

Surf reports told me to stay home today, weather reports say we're in for three days of rain. I decided to take the abuse this morning since I would be stuck inside tying for the next few days. No fish but it was a beautiful morning to get beat up by the surf .
For the those of you who have asked about reading the surf, watch the second video.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

http://youtu.be/ToRx2-FcVUg
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love her, even when she's angy

They both say "private"
Old 09-17-2012, 08:50 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

How about now?
Old 09-17-2012, 08:53 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

That's better.

I fished last week in Maine just after the last hurricane went by.
I got pounded.... didn't bring waders either.... that water was cold!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:55 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: I love her, even when she's angy

Both clips are working on my end.

fae
swirlchaser likes this.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
That's better.

I fished last week in Maine just after the last hurricane went by.
I got pounded.... didn't bring waders either.... that water was cold!
I'll bet it was. Seemed like every time I took my eyes off the surf I would end up running from a wall of water
Old 09-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

The only salt fishing I have done was as a kid, we would drive down the beach to this big rock and fish from it. It looks much more difficult to fish the surf while standing on the beach and getting hammered with those big waves. My hat is off to you guys that have figured out how to do it.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:01 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Man brother you should have brought a board instead of a rod!
swirlchaser likes this.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
The only salt fishing I have done was as a kid, we would drive down the beach to this big rock and fish from it. It looks much more difficult to fish the surf while standing on the beach and getting hammered with those big waves. My hat is off to you guys that have figured out how to do it.
It's funny you say that because I tip my hat to you Trout fishermen. Those damn fish make a fool of me every time I try to catch them.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Man brother you should have brought a board instead of a rod!
Yeah I know. Only problem with that is I'm a danger to myself with a surf board under my feet.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:17 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

To me that was a very fishy looking surf. Bars and broken water. Usually it's good before the storm. The video really captured conditions well the only thing missing was the scratch and sniff to capture the smell! Nice job Marco! Got to be fish there!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser