The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 08:41 AM

speedyb16 is on a distinguished road
Default casting lessons - NJ

hey everyone,

New to the forum and sport.
Looking for anyone who would know or could give some casting lessons in the Monmouth county area.

Any help would be great and thanks in advance

BB
Old 01-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: casting lessons - NJ

Hi speedy,

Try to locate a Trout Unlimited or FFF fly club. You can go on line and locate clubs. You can get lessons form the club.

Frank
Old 01-08-2008, 06:12 PM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

If you fly fish in Jersey you need to check these guys out ASWF.org some of the best tyers and fisherman anywhere. You may want to join they will get you pointed in the right direction. Mostly saltwater but the cast is the same
Jim
Old 01-08-2008, 08:18 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Look into joining Central Jersey Trout Unlimited. We meet in the American Legion Hall in Dunellen NJ On the 2nd Tues of the month..Ck out our website
http://www.cjtu.org.
The chapter is very active & there are people willing to help newcomers to the sport. We have a few booths at The Outdoor Show at Raritan center Where We teach kids Fly tying & the booth is right across from the casting pond where we give demo's. We're also at the Somerset Flyfishing show. We also hold getting started in fishing classes at the Pequest Trout Hatchery in the Warmer months. There are other chapters in NJ, some might be closer to you so ck out the links on the website, the other chapter meeting places are listed. If you are primarily interested in the salt try ASWF.org or the bayshore fly rodders at Bayshore Saltwater Flyrodders
They are both good clubs with a lot of friendly people. I'm just really getting started in the salt & I'm thinking of joining Bayshore as I seem to know a good many of the members from TU & they're all good fishermen.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:00 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

check here, a lot of fellow monmouth guys here..North Eastern Fly Fishing
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 01-09-2008, 09:50 AM

Joe D is on a distinguished road

speedyb16'

Try: Fly fishing information for everyone

Also, The Fly Fishing Show will be in Somerset, NJ Jan. 25, 26 & 27. They have several classes and demos. that you might enjoy. See: Welcome to The Fly Fishing Show East
Old 01-09-2008, 11:26 AM

speedyb16 is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone...I will look into the above....as I fish only in the raritain bay,sandy hook and moco ocean...any club geared that way then another?...thanks
Old 01-09-2008, 11:34 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks everyone...I will look into the above....as I fish only in the raritain bay,sandy hook and moco ocean...any club geared that way then another?...thanks
Definatly Ck out Bayshore Anglers