The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 PM

650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Linecurve Stripping Basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwkr View Post
90% of the guys around here use Linekurv baskets, the rest use home made options. They work great, some drill holes, some don't. I always have. Head to a popular beach when the salmon are running and it's a line of guys all with the same green basket. These are identical to the old LL Bean baskets that were so coveted but no longer made.

Appreciate they feedback.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:59 PM

650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about

This summer I stopped at 3 fly shops in Denmark to purchase one. No luck. I guess I will have to order one direct and have it shipped.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650flyguy View Post
Does any one have any experience with a Linecurve Stripping Basket?

Click the image to open in full size.

Linekurv.dk

I have experimenting with a number of homemade and manufactured baskets and I am still in search for the perfect one. I have been using a foam Mangrove which is I like - packable, light, large holes in the bottom, rod holder works well & keep line properly coiled. My only problem is when a nice sized Pacific Wave smashes it just right the bottom pops out.

I was thinking a formed plastic basket may be the ticket.
Also thought it was cool in was made in DK where I have family ties.

Appreciate any information.
I do not, but........................

While staying in a guides cabin at a lodge a week ago I noticed something. The cabin is not the Ritz and there were some items cluttering the corners. One of the items that drew my eye was the curved tool caddy that comes with some Shop Vac and other vacuum cleaners of similar design.

The tool caddy was just like the basket in the picture and could easily be transformed into a stripping basket with a good form fitting hip contour thing going on.
650flyguy likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-21-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I do not, but........................

While staying in a guides cabin at a lodge a week ago I noticed something. The cabin is not the Ritz and there were some items cluttering the corners. One of the items that drew my eye was the curved tool caddy that comes with some Shop Vac and other vacuum cleaners of similar design.

The tool caddy was just like the basket in the picture and could easily be transformed into a stripping basket with a good form fitting hip contour thing going on.
Appreciate the tip. Now I have my eyes open for a shop vac tool caddy!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:43 PM

krikau27 is on a distinguished road

I live in Denmark and has been fishing for seatrout 4 years now. I have no experience with linekurv.dk but I use a Lawson linebasket.
To say the truth I don't like line baskets, they take too much space for my line hand to move freely (I like to take long strips) but because the current will take the line if I don't use it, I have to use it. I don't want to stand with 35 loose coils in my hand or mouth, so it's one of theese things you don't like, but accept it
Orvis line basket is ridiculous priced. 600 danish kroner. That's over 100$ My Lawson is 299 kroner. Half the price. Is it better? Don't know. Is it smaller? Don't know. But linekurv.dk is the same price as my Lawson.

Kim
Old 07-22-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krikau27 View Post
I live in Denmark and has been fishing for seatrout 4 years now. I have no experience with linekurv.dk but I use a Lawson linebasket.
To say the truth I don't like line baskets, they take too much space for my line hand to move freely (I like to take long strips) but because the current will take the line if I don't use it, I have to use it. I don't want to stand with 35 loose coils in my hand or mouth, so it's one of theese things you don't like, but accept it
Orvis line basket is ridiculous priced. 600 danish kroner. That's over 100$ My Lawson is 299 kroner. Half the price. Is it better? Don't know. Is it smaller? Don't know. But linekurv.dk is the same price as my Lawson.

Kim
When I returned to the States I checked out the Linecurv web site. There were dealers listed from a number of countries but no shops in Denmark were listed. I thought it was odd. They will ship for a very reasonable price.

At this time, I am going with the basket made from a step stool being discussed in the stripping basket thread.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:48 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Mine was made from a plastic basket I bought in a 5&10 while enroute to fish. I bought a bungee cord for a belt. The bungee worked good-the basket stayed put but was easy to slide around my middle to get it out of the way- which was good since I had to constantly move it while climbing around on the jetty. The solid bottom made the addition of zip-tie "fingers" very easy, I wish I could see thru it better.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey