The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Saltwater Fly Fishing (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/saltwater-fly-fishing/)
-   -   Broken Sage rod .. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/saltwater-fly-fishing/306451-broken-sage-rod.html)

bonekiller100 12-28-2012 07:15 PM

Broken Sage rod ..

Hello. I'm so upset right now. I accident broke my sage Xi3 while heading to the flats in the Bahamas ( about 8 inches below the tip. I've never had a rod repaired before so I'm a bit skeptical about how rods perform after repairing them. Can someone share their experience with a repaired fly rod.. thanks.

silver creek 12-28-2012 07:21 PM

Re: Broken Sage rod ..

They do not "repair" the broken section. They make a new tip section.

You need to send in the whole rod.

bonekiller100 12-28-2012 07:38 PM

OK.. They told me to only send the section that broke.

silver creek 12-28-2012 09:07 PM

The warranty instructions clearly says to return the entire rod including the broken pieces.

I have had 2 Sage rods repaired and they have always wanted all the parts. First of all, they need to check the serial number of the fly rod which is on the rod butt. Secondly, they need to make sure the new rod tip is a good fit to the lower section.

"If you choose to send the Sage Product directly to us, please send the entire Product, freight pre-paid, and insured for its full value. Be sure to include all broken parts or pieces. Package the Product either in its original packaging, or in packaging affording an equal degree of protection as the original packaging."

Warranty - About Sage | Sage Fly Fishing

brookfieldangler 12-28-2012 09:12 PM

bummer! That's such a sweet rod

Guest1 12-28-2012 09:26 PM

I feel your pain. I broke my Winston 9' 10 wt. BIIX this summer. I built this rod from a blank a long time ago and love it second only to my Meiser. They mede me send the whole rod in also. They do that so they know the new tip fits the second piece of the rod. Actually it seems to me that's all they really need.

By the way, it's the only fly rod I ever broke.

bonekiller100 12-28-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookfieldangler (Post 511053)
bummer! That's such a sweet rod

I know right!! I haven't felt this bad since my gf told me she wanted to brake off our relationship.. Hopefully I get it fix soon.I can't live without bonefishing in my life..

cochise 12-28-2012 09:42 PM

I wish I could say what DD said...But unfortunately I am a fine sage repair customer. Your broken rod section will be new when you get it back.

My only advice...send it in NOW. The when you get it back you will be doubly happy you did.

Oh and it will cost ya 50$

sweetandsalt 01-03-2013 04:16 PM

How did it break and what do you use for back-up?

silver creek 01-03-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonekiller100 (Post 511060)
I know right!! I haven't felt this bad since my gf told me she wanted to brake off our relationship.. Hopefully I get it fix soon.I can't live without bonefishing in my life..

LOL. Double meaning in that post.