The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 06:15 PM

bonekiller100 is on a distinguished road
Default Broken Sage rod ..

Hello. I'm so upset right now. I accident broke my sage Xi3 while heading to the flats in the Bahamas ( about 8 inches below the tip. I've never had a rod repaired before so I'm a bit skeptical about how rods perform after repairing them. Can someone share their experience with a repaired fly rod.. thanks.
robbf213 likes this.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:21 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken Sage rod ..

They do not "repair" the broken section. They make a new tip section.

You need to send in the whole rod.
imxer, mcnerney, mrfzx and 1 others like this.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 12-28-2012, 06:38 PM

OK.. They told me to only send the section that broke.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

The warranty instructions clearly says to return the entire rod including the broken pieces.

I have had 2 Sage rods repaired and they have always wanted all the parts. First of all, they need to check the serial number of the fly rod which is on the rod butt. Secondly, they need to make sure the new rod tip is a good fit to the lower section.

"If you choose to send the Sage Product directly to us, please send the entire Product, freight pre-paid, and insured for its full value. Be sure to include all broken parts or pieces. Package the Product either in its original packaging, or in packaging affording an equal degree of protection as the original packaging."

Warranty - About Sage | Sage Fly Fishing

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 12-28-2012, 08:12 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

bummer! That's such a sweet rod
Old 12-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel your pain. I broke my Winston 9' 10 wt. BIIX this summer. I built this rod from a blank a long time ago and love it second only to my Meiser. They mede me send the whole rod in also. They do that so they know the new tip fits the second piece of the rod. Actually it seems to me that's all they really need.

By the way, it's the only fly rod I ever broke.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
bummer! That's such a sweet rod
I know right!! I haven't felt this bad since my gf told me she wanted to brake off our relationship.. Hopefully I get it fix soon.I can't live without bonefishing in my life..
Old 12-28-2012, 08:42 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

I wish I could say what DD said...But unfortunately I am a fine sage repair customer. Your broken rod section will be new when you get it back.

My only advice...send it in NOW. The when you get it back you will be doubly happy you did.

Oh and it will cost ya 50$
Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

How did it break and what do you use for back-up?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonekiller100 View Post
I know right!! I haven't felt this bad since my gf told me she wanted to brake off our relationship.. Hopefully I get it fix soon.I can't live without bonefishing in my life..
LOL. Double meaning in that post.
brookfieldangler likes this.

Silver