The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Saltwater Fly Fishing (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/saltwater-fly-fishing/)
-   -   I really missed it this year (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/saltwater-fly-fishing/306791-i-really-missed-year.html)

swirlchaser 01-01-2013 08:04 PM

I really missed it this year

Great video. I really missed it this fall, damn hurricane... We'll make up for it this spring :thumbup:
SIFF12: NORTHEAST - IF4 Trailer on Vimeo

theboz 01-01-2013 10:04 PM

Re: I really missed it this year

That guy makes great videos he nails it for me. Sandy was a chapter in our fishing life Marco and better ones will come! I can't complain had to many good ones but still look forward to many more! Spring will be here before you know it and if you can't wait hit the power plant! Weather permitting gonna give it a shot next week.it's either that or herring!

woodrivertroutbum 01-01-2013 10:52 PM

Peter is a really awesome guy and an amazing videographer.

wt bash 01-01-2013 11:44 PM

Don't feel too bad man "I really missed it this year" will be written on my tombstone! And I know its easy to say being that I'm a good 500 miles or so from seeing the destruction first hand but I can't help but think of all the old rock piles, old pier wreckage, and channels and cuts that have been uncovered or created. The jetties from Pullman Ave down to Loch Arbor will be a fish factory like back in the old days.

Rip Tide 01-02-2013 08:49 AM

Around here the fat lady was already warmed up by the time the hurricane hit, although I heard that the week before was amazing :rolleyes:

swirlchaser 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

I was lucky to have minimal damage from the storm. I drove down a few times after the storm but I turned around and went home every time. Didn't feel right to park my truck and fish while people were picking theirs lives up off the street.

Rip Tide 01-02-2013 10:54 AM

I don't think you missed much.
A storm at the beginning of the migration turns the fish on, but one like that towards the end would push them out to sea.
My guess anyways.

swirlchaser 01-02-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip Tide (Post 512279)
I don't think you missed much.
A storm at the beginning of the migration turns the fish on, but one like that towards the end would push them out to sea.
My guess anyways.

The migration was definately done, few guys still catching resident fish though. I think I'm missing the surf more than the fish. Catching the sunrise in my waders before work is my Fall routine:)

wt bash 01-02-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swirlchaser (Post 512277)
I was lucky to have minimal damage from the storm. I drove down a few times after the storm but I turned around and went home every time. Didn't feel right to park my truck and fish while people were picking theirs lives up off the street.

I know what you mean. I saw some footage of Asbury a few days after and there was still a really heavy ground swell pushing perfect A-frames in at the surfing beach with a west wind cleaning them up and selfishly my first thought was "no one is surfing?" In a weird way I wish I was there when it happened but I'm not sure I could handle seeing the places and homes I knew as "home" destroyed. I do take comfort and pride in knowing that those neighborhoods have each other and will help each other and next season the fishing is gonna be wicked good!