The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By wt bash
  • 2 Post By gt05254
  • 1 Post By mrfzx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 AM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Red Fishing on a paddle board....Sign me up!!!

https://vimeo.com/57037181

Who wants to get towed around on a paddle board by some red fish?? THIS GUY!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Red Fishing on a paddle board....Sign me up!!!

One summer I got myself in hot water chasing ablies with a Surfboard. There was enough "bump" to spend the out going tide surfing, I was riding a 8'6" Hamilton Stylist, took a break and could see the birds working and a fast moving school coming in within paddle range. Ran to the truck grabbed my 8wt tucked it into the back of my trunks with a handful of clousers wrapped in a bit of fleece. Well I tried to keep up with school as long as I could picking up a few turbo footballs when every mothers son with a fast boat saw the birds and came rushing in on me. My girlfriend drove home that night cause I couldn't even lift a cigarette to my lips. Bad move but it was fun!!
mcnerney and Rip Tide like this.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:38 AM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

cool...adventuresome...but can you spell a-l-l-i-g-a-t-o-r??? Yikes, I'd be scared to death.
Gary
mcnerney and mrfzx like this.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold

Down in Louisiana I saw a few gators that I could have placed a 12 inch ruler between their eyes and not touch either eye. I was nervous in the 18 foot Hell's Bay skiff let alone a kayak! I don't mind taking a few calculated risks, but the calculations have to come out in my favor! Kudos to you dare-devils. I envy your......shall we call it gumption....
lthrnk03 likes this.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:19 AM

troutbanger20 is on a distinguished road

That's awesome. Great video
Old 01-11-2013, 06:01 AM

jonf is on a distinguished road

Nice video! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:34 AM

spnyfish is on a distinguished road

Coolest video I have seen in a long time.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
cool...adventuresome...but can you spell a-l-l-i-g-a-t-o-r??? Yikes, I'd be scared to death.
Gary
Gary: Not for me either, that just looks to much like gator country. I'd feel much better in one of those flats boats.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:29 PM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice

Looked like it was towing him along at a fairly good speed there for a short time.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:57 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

I seen this a few nights ago. Looks like a total blast! That red took off like a bullet. Closest I can get to this in Nebraska is carp.

-Chase