The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stole a day from old man winter :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiniwerfishin View Post
Nice Swirl! The Linesides are almost non exsistant in my neck of the woods right now. I'm waiting in anticipation for the srping run, only a few more months....
Thanks! The prevailing theory around here is that the little guys come back down river right after the spawn instead of waiting for the Spring like the big ones. I'm not sure I believe that, I think the little guys don't leave at all. I'm thinking they don't actually make the run until they're of spawning size. Riptide where are you? We need some migration info over hear!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go Marco! That's how you do it! You just warmed me up! Im upstate steelheading an a got a leak and my leg is frozen . Those baby's put the defrost touches on! Good going! I believe the little ones holdover . They do in the rivers on LI!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-10-2013, 01:45 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Way to go Marco! That's how you do it! You just warmed me up! Im upstate steelheading an a got a leak and my leg is frozen . Those baby's put the defrost touches on! Good going! I believe the little ones holdover . They do in the rivers on LI!
How's the Steelheading? When you coming home? 56 degrees Sunday and no wind again. I'll be roaming the jetties in the AM before the kids wake up.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:52 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
The prevailing theory around here is that the little guys come back down river right after the spawn instead of waiting for the Spring like the big ones. I'm not sure I believe that, I think the little guys don't leave at all.
I've caught schoolie sized bass well into February down the flats, always at the creek mouth, and in and around Natco Lake as well as the spillway in the Burg. I'm with you, I think they hang around a steady food source till there up to size. I've also found big resident fish way up by the Oceanic Bridge and I had access to the Penske Property on Navasink River rd where big breeders could be had, I guess the residents do their thing and put the feed on over that dark bottom. Baby flounder beware!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I've caught schoolie sized bass well into February down the flats, always at the creek mouth, and in and around Natco Lake as well as the spillway in the Burg. I'm with you, I think they hang around a steady food source till there up to size. I've also found big resident fish way up by the Oceanic Bridge and I had access to the Penske Property on Navasink River rd where big breeders could be had, I guess the residents do their thing and put the feed on over that dark bottom. Baby flounder beware!
The Oceanic is one of my favorite Spring spots. This year I hope to get plenty of kayak time in the rivers. Well, that's what I said last year too
Old 01-10-2013, 02:56 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I don't know the name of that creek that comes out by Penske's but I always wanted to sneak in there with boat. The yak would be perfect, there's alot more than meet the eye to that whole shoreline. Follow the clam rakers.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
... Follow the clam rakers.
ALWAYS! I follow them around Horseshoe Cove like a lost puppy
wt bash likes this.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:23 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
How's the Steelheading? When you coming home? 56 degrees Sunday and no wind again. I'll be roaming the jetties in the AM before the kids wake up.
It's on fire! My son and his buddy are enjoying , so was I until the waders sprung a leak. Fish everywhere!! Coming home Friday heading to your area Sat and Sun keep me posted maybe we can hookup!!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:12 PM

What a difference 3 days make. Slipped out again this morning before work. Moon tide, incoming high against the wind. Thank God for Korkers because this is the walk I took this morning.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 PM

Any fish Marco?