The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 12:56 PM

gblack0417 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up "Ding" Darling & Doc Ford's Tarpon Tournament

May 5th is the opening of this tourney. The purse is 100% of all $100.00 entry fees.
If you're a flats fishing boat captain around Key West and can catch a tarpon on a fly, this would be an opportunity for you to prove it

Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille in Ft. Meyers will be the place where the captains' dinner takes place the evening before the tourney opens.

If you've got the grit and wanna show it, "Ding" Darling & Doc Ford's Tarpon Tournament is where you want to be May 5th.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:07 AM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Re: "Ding" Darling & Doc Ford's Tarpon Tournament

The guides in Key West go all the way to Sanibel / Ft Meyers area to fsh in a tournament? Really?
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-25-2013, 06:23 AM

Bonefishdick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Ding" Darling & Doc Ford's Tarpon Tournament

I am not sure where this tournament is taking place. I have been to Doc Ford's on Sanibel and to Ding Darling. If this tourney is in Ding Darling I am not sure where people will be launching from. An FYI from my friend who called to tell me that the "Wildlife Drive" will be closed from May 1 through September for road surfacing.

A quick google search for the US Fish & Wildlife on 12-20-2012 will bring up the news release of the closure.