The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 06:17 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Poons!!!

Just want to let you guys who are hitting the Keys this month it's on!! The Tarpon are at all the bridges and all the usual flats and there is an abundance ! For the first time in my life I got spooled by a **** estimated at 175! Like trying to stop a train! Going out again tomorrow looking for something a bit smaller! Haha! Never seen so many all over , you just have to live it here it's a fly guy paradise ! Hope to see some of you down here !
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 03-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poons!!!

Spooled!!!!???? I take it the line is a goner. Did you find it again? You need to get a faster chase boat.
brookfieldangler likes this.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:38 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Haha! No boat just crazy old me in the water up to my chest trying to keep up ! And the backing knot held , the leader was cut midway on I think a channel marker ! It was so crazy it took me an hour to stop shaking!! Monday I'm using a boat!! It was do far out and the most I got back at any time was a handful of turns when he changed direction!

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

And what really sunk in later was the fact that Thursday night in the same area we watched a guy lose a 100 lber to a hammerhead as long as the skiff!!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's always fun wading in the Hammerhead's yard. Remember if they get frisky with you, hit 'em on the nose and say "Bad fishy, bad!"
gatortransplant, ditz and theboz like this.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
It's always fun wading in the Hammerhead's yard. Remember if they get frisky with you, hit 'em on the nose and say "Bad fishy, bad!"
Haha! Nooooo way!!! My boy was in the water with me and he tells me later all he could think about was we were getting eaten!! Thanks Bryan Bryan I thought you were in to help me land the fish not be an appetizer!!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Banned

That's when you get to use all the fun fun jokes like "Do you know why this is called a buddy knife?" and "I don't have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than you."
theboz likes this.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 PM

Haha! No his answer was your the bigger meal so I'll have time to get out!! Told him paybacks are a b...h!
Guest1 likes this.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:32 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

That sounds like big fun!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:33 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Poons!!!

So the water warmed up then?...I was down at Big Pine last week and 64 degree water temps put the fish down...sigh - there's always next time.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:15 PM

pkins44 will become famous soon enoughpkins44 will become famous soon enough

Jealous here. Must be pretty intimidating, up to your chest in water, fighting a fish the size of a person. Not to mention the hammerhead. I hope you're floaties where firmly around your arms.

http://www.dupageriverflyfishing.com