The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Islamorada in color

So how did the Tarpon from the bridge thing end John??

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-18-2013, 04:04 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
So how did the Tarpon from the bridge thing end John??
Just as I told him it would with a bunch of jumps he couldn't even see and a loud ping! It could have been worse the day before he was trying to toss a fly at them! Definitely would have kissed that rod good bye !

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

He's alot like me when I was his age throw at anything with whatever no matter how big ! He's a good fly guy and a great fishing partner so I deal with him! I guess my mentors thought the same of me! Haha!
mcnerney and yonder like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

John: Thanks for posting all those great photos! I spent some time down there when I was in the military, but back then I wasn't into fly fishing (sorry I missed that opportunity).

Larry

Old 05-18-2013, 07:45 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
John: Thanks for posting all those great photos! I spent some time down there when I was in the military, but back then I wasn't into fly fishing (sorry I missed that opportunity).

Larry
It's funny Larry I can't imagine going down there and not fishing! Most people are thinking Disney and all that tourist **** I think fish. I've been going to the Keys every year since I was a kid and it never ceases to amaze me the amount and quality of fish. I had to go to a business meeting in Palm Beach one year and I skipped the dinner and festivities after and went fishing. thankfully my son is as fanatic as me so I always have company !

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

I forgot to ask you did you find your dog?
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser