The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 10:09 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Islamorada in color

One thing about Islamorada besides the great Tarpon and Bonefishing is the ridiculous variety of fish you can catch and the panorama of colors they come in! Here is a sampling of some that fell to Sabiki Flys
Click the image to open in full size.
Red Parrotfish
Surgeon Fish
Blue Stripe Grunt with some camo!
White Grunt
Blue Parrotfish
Baby Yellowtail Snapper
Porkfish
Cowfish
Porkfish
Hogfish
Pinfish
Bermuda Chub
Breakfast
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Islamorada in color

Nice John,

Margaretaville, and I waite for ice out...............
mcnerney and theboz like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-17-2013, 08:22 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

Envy...

I fished off that bridge last december, some big tarpon under there. But what to do if you hook one from the bridge?!!!
Nice pics, hoping to get o use my FL license again this year!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:24 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbblom View Post
envy...

I fished off that bridge last december, some big tarpon under there. But what to do if you hook one from the bridge?!!!
Nice pics, hoping to get o use my fl license again this year!
pray!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbblom View Post
Envy...

Nice pics, hoping to get o use my FL license again this year!
This is what happens when you hook a Tarpon off the bridge even with heavy duty spinning gear! I warned him!

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

This is what they look like lined up under the bridge to feed! Gets your heart pounding!
mcnerney and yonder like this.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:23 PM

half fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nice

Cool pics! Ever catch a flying fish on a fly rod?

======================================
Jesus said, "Go fishing!" (Luke 5:4). He said nothing about monthly reports, budgets, cost variances, manpower planning, or orders forecasts.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:56 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

Some Nice Pics.
I haven't been to Florida yet we have Grunters over here however they are more Silver & Gold they live in The Weed Beds.
We have a Spangled Emperor with Similar markings to what's on your Grunter's Head.
We have many similar Species in our Tropical Waters Parrot Fish are always recognised & are usually The First Fish caught..
Brian.
theboz likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by half fast View Post
Cool pics! Ever catch a flying fish on a fly rod?
No but I caught a Blackfin Tuna on a flying fish!

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Some Nice Pics.
I haven't been to Florida yet we have Grunters over here however they are more Silver & Gold they live in The Weed Beds.
We have a Spangled Emperor with Similar markings to what's on your Grunter's Head.
We have many similar Species in our Tropical Waters Parrot Fish are always recognised & are usually The First Fish caught..
Brian.
Brian it's the opposite in the keys Parrots are the last fish caught and only if you chum and use the tiniest sabiki fly. I like those Bumphead Parrots by you they look like fun!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:05 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

pretty cool pics. I've been snorkeling and seen some colorful fish, but never caught any like that.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:18 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

parrot from an east coast jetty.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:35 AM

thechroniclesofmasi is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Islamorada in color

What is this sabiki fly?

I have sabiki's in the spin box, but could you show a pic of what you were throwing.